About this role
Little Village is a baby bank that campaigns to end child poverty. We are recruiting for a brilliant new CEO. Could this be you? You’re passionate about tackling child poverty and motivated by our values of love, solidarity, thriving and sustainability. You’re an enterprising and ambitious leader who comes with experience of how to build financial sustainability into a growing organisation. You have incredible interpersonal skills and an eye for opportunities. You are amazing at building inclusive, diverse, flexible teams and a strong organisational culture centred around justice. You know how to build relationships over time, and you aren’t phased by ambitious fundraising targets. You love working in the environment of a small, ambitious and relatively new organisation. You’re a team player who knows how to collaborate and is able to keep their eye on the bigger picture.
Some background on Little Village
Little Village started life as a baby bank in Wandsworth - collecting and gifting high quality children's clothes, toys and equipment to local families experiencing tough times. We have since grown to three hub sites in London and last year, we helped around 3,000 children.
As a result of the Covid pandemic, demand for our services has soared and we have launched ‘Virtual Village’ delivering essential emergency supplies directly and safely to families’ doors. But offering families in need practical support is only part of what we do. Although we are a small grassroots organisation, we have a big voice which we use to be a force for change. Our research and insights on child poverty have been profiled on Newsnight, Radio 4 and Channel 4 News and we have been part of a recent campaign with the Duchess of Cambridge.
Little Village is in a strong position - financially secure, with a high performing team and with ambitious plans for the future. Now is the perfect time for our founder to hand on the baton to a new CEO.
The person we are looking for:
· You believe that child poverty can and must be eradicated
· You see justice, not charity, as the end game
· You connect deeply to the saying “Nothing about us, without us”
· You combine pace and ambition with a commitment to self-care and reflection
· You have a passion for our cause, our vision and our values
· You are not driven by ego, and you love to help others shine
· You are a natural collaborator who builds rapport easily with all sorts of people
· You are resilient, positive, proactive and have a growth mindset
Your skills and experience
For a detailed run down of the skills and experience we’re looking for you will need to read through the job pack we’ve prepared. To get hold of this please email us at the email address below. The headlines are:
· A strategic problem solver who can take an organisation onto the next stage of development
· Effective and inspirational leadership in a challenging external context
· A skilled networker who can build highly effective relationships and drive income generation
· A systems thinker who knows how to influence change
· A knowledge and passion for our work
We are proud to be able to offer a competitive salary, a generous holiday entitlement and highly flexible working hours (all our staff work part time). Full information can be found in the job pack which you can get hold of by contacting us on the email address below.
Full details of the application process are set out in the jobs pack. Please review carefully. The closing date for applications is 9am on Friday 25th September.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.