Campaigns Manager - Making London A Living Wage City x2
£34,479 including London Weighting
25 days + Christmas Break
London Office (Remote Available)
The Living Wage Foundation was launched in 2011 by Citizens UK to tackle in-work poverty and ensure that workers earn enough to live on and participate in family and community life. Citizens UK is the home of community organising with diverse civil society alliances set up to develop leaders to work on the issues that matter to them, such as the Living Wage. Other projects include PACT (Parents and the Community Together) and Sponsor Refugees to add depth to the impact of Citizens UK’s work.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced campaigner to join Citizens UK to bring together various campaign strategies that target London employers in specific sectors to become Living Wage accredited. The focus of the targeted sectors (such as Health, Social Care and Local Authorities) will evolve over the 4 year project, based on the needs of low paid workers and opportunities to secure pay rises for Londoners, but the Sector Campaign Manager will coordinate a coalition of civil society, public sector and business leaders to use their power and influence to pay the Living Wage throughout their networks.
The Sector Campaigns Manager will work closely with community organisers and the Living Wage Foundation accreditation team to signpost opportunities and bring together local campaigns alongside strategic partnerships and influential advocates, whilst engaging and involving workers in both the strategy and delivery of campaigns.
- Develop creative, participative campaign opportunities that promote the Living Wage and our key messages, influence public opinion, champion Living Wage Employers and encourage accreditation.
- Support community organisers to develop and lead winnable campaigns to improve pay conditions in their communities and feed into Living Wage Places projects.
- Create opportunities to engage community leaders and workers in our work to raise awareness and make the case for the Living Wage and help steer our future direction.
- Capture and share learning from successful Living Wage campaigns in order to motivate and enable more campaign energy and effective partnerships
- Work with the communications team, designers and content managers to develop campaign resources which enable our networks of workers, leaders, employers and campaigners to take action to secure the Living Wage.
- Produce detailed analysis and evaluation of campaign results, understand and respond to performance data, run tests and put results and lessons into practice.
- Initiate and coordinate an Action Group to secure pay rises in targeted sectors, with representation from civil society, public sector and business leaders than can use their influence to secure Living Wage accreditations.
- Identify, manage and develop relationships, partnerships and alliances to further our sector campaigns and build power in order to meet our project objectives for Making London a Living Wage City.
- Identify, manage and develop strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders, policy makers, Living Wage Employers, campaign partners and business networks to promote use their power an influence to encourage payment of the Living Wage.
- Support the Living Wage Foundation’s role in Making London a Living Wage City, ensuring that we meet project objectives on accreditations and pay-rises secured in targeted sectors.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to measure our progress and impact against agreed milestones, including data collection systems and producing reports for various stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of LWF’s business plan, working across teams to organise work effectively.
- Support the development of workers to tell stories and testimony to make the case for the Living Wage and feed into our communications plans.
- Oversee research and consultation projects to make the case and gather supporting evidence for paying the Living Wage and lifting workers out of in-work poverty
- Keep up to date on the latest low pay and poverty policy issues and support communications to our network to ensure that the LWF is responsive to the needs of employees and employers.
- Represent the organisation effectively to external audiences in meetings, at events and in the media to promote and grow the work of LWF.
The Living Wage Foundation is based in Whitechapel, remote working available.
Please click on 'Apply on Website' for more details on how to apply.
Citizens UK is committed to being an inclusive employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage those with an interest in this role to apply, regardless of whether they meet all the required criteria. We invest in our employees and support them to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver their role. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates to represent the communities we work in.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.