How to apply
Head of Communications
We are Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales, an independent charitable trust funded by Lloyds Banking Group. We partner with small and local charities that help people overcome complex social issues, such as mental health, homelessness and domestic abuse.
We champion these charities, providing funding, offering developmental support and influencing policy and practice, to help them make life-changing impact.
After a transformative period of growth and development, we’re excited to embark on the next step in our strategic plan and are looking for a Head of Communications to lead efforts to build our reach, influence and impact with new and existing audiences.
- Salary of c£46,000 per annum
- Comprehensive training and development initiatives and support
- Generous annual leave (25 - 30 days per annum + statutory days)
- Private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan or car allowance (as appropriate)
- Empathy – Employee Assistance programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
This is a brilliant opportunity to shape the voice of a forward-thinking organisation that empowers charities that are under-funded, under pressure and too often ignored and which speaks up on the issues affecting them and those they serve.
Within a friendly and supportive environment, you will have the chance to broaden your existing expertise, collaborate with like-minded colleagues and help us be a leading voice in the UK voluntary sector.
We understand that sometimes the most life-changing charities may not always look perfect on paper, and we’re not afraid to take risks where we see great potential. If you have the creativity and drive to raise awareness of these incredible organisations, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Communications, you will spearhead the delivery of a holistic communications strategy that promotes the Foundation, our work with small and local charities, our programmes and our research and policy positions.
In this interesting and varied role, your duties will include:
- Leading and developing a team of five
- Delivering creative strategies covering media, social media, website, brand, marketing, internal comms and the production of materials
- Promoting our strategy and mission to partner charities tackling complex social issues externally, internally and across Lloyds Banking Group
- Leading on the development and management of our website, publications, events and digital content
- Liaising with colleagues across the organisation to attract, engage, inform and celebrate current and prospective grantees
To join us as the Head of Communications, you’ll need:
- At least five years’ experience of working in a busy communications function, including leadership and management experience
- Experience of developing and implementing creative and impactful media strategies
- Previous experience of managing staff and volunteers and building effective partnerships
- A track record of managing budgets and working with a range of suppliers
- Experience of managing the development and implementation of a brand and the writing and production of printed materials and engaging digital content.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve held the title of Communications Manager, Communications and Engagement Manager, Marketing Manager, Marcoms Manager, Marketing Communications Manager or Head of Communications.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 5th July 2019.
We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community, irrespective of age, disability, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership. We believe our organisation will be a better, more creative and innovative place to work if we can harness the benefit of lots of different perspectives.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our Head of Communications, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week