How to apply
On the recruitment pack provided, you will find details of the role and the selection process to assist you in completing and tailoring your application. To apply, you should submit: - An up-to-date CV which shows your full career history and highlighting experience relevant to this role. - A supporting statement with your name on the top of each page, explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing why you are the ideal candidate for this post and how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification. - Each section of the person specification should be addressed under clear headings. Please give practical examples wherever possible. We recommend that this is no longer than three A4 pages. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 28 August. Please send your application to [email protected] with ‘Finance administrator’ in the subject line. Interviews for this role will take place on Tuesday 10 September. Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates closer to the time. Due to limited resources, we unable to respond to all candidates. if you do not hear from us, it means you have not been shortlisted. Further details about Local Trust can be found on our website www.localtrust.org.uk.
Local Trust is a place-based funder supporting communities to achieve their ambitions. We do this by trusting local people. Our aims are to demonstrate the value of long term, unconditional, resident-led funding through our work supporting local communities make their areas better places to live, and to draw on the learning from our work to promote a wider transformation in the way policy makers, funders and others engage with communities and place.
We’re a group of dedicated people working together to ensure that communities can define their own futures. If you are passionate about making a change, work with us and join our exciting mission to help redefine future approaches to community and place.
Job title: Finance administrator
Accountable to: Finance manager
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
We are looking for a highly competent candidate to join our finance team as finance administrator.
We need someone who pays attention to detail, is process driven and comfortable working with numbers and finance systems. This is an excellent opportunity to join our small, experienced team, as we implement changes to our systems to enable us to provide more efficient and effective support to our colleagues at Local Trust, Local Trust providers, and wider stakeholders, at a time of rapid change.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the finance team, and to work closely with the senior finance administrator to ensure that Local Trust’s routine financial administration tasks are managed efficiently and effectively.
Job description (key duties)
1. Provide financial administration for Local Trust including:
2. Support the senior finance administrator to:
3. Support the programme team by:
4. Support the finance team by helping to gather information and data, analyse it and provide spreadsheets and reports as necessary (training will be given where needed).
5. Act as a point of contact for financial queries, including being the main contact for rep-related queries.
6. Support the head of finance with the administration of the department by:
7. In partnership with the Local Trust administrators, when required undertake various administrative tasks needed in a small office, including:
8. Develop effective working relationships with those we fund and support. This might involve visiting Big Local areas, and therefore require occasional travel away from the office.
9. Provide cover for the senior finance administrator as and when necessary, for example during leave and sickness periods. The two post holders will be expected to coordinate their annual leave to provide continuous cover.
10. Attend relevant training courses and maintain awareness of external affairs relevant to Local Trust.
How to apply
In the recruitment pack provided (see 'additional documents' above), you will find details of the role and the selection process to assist you in completing and tailoring your application. To apply, you should submit:
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 28 August. Please send your application to the email address stated in the recruitment pack with ‘Finance administrator’ in the subject line.
Interviews for this role will take place on Tuesday 10 September. Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates closer to the time.
Due to limited resources, we unable to respond to all candidates. if you do not hear from us, it means you have not been shortlisted.