Home/Field Based (covering the wider Merseyside area)
Locality is the national network supporting community organisations to be strong and successful. We are expanding our staff team and want to recruit diverse talent to deliver our mission.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join us; working in our support, advice and consultancy team, we are looking for people with wide ranging experience to work directly with community organisations, supporting them to be strong and successful.
Our staff tell us the best thing about working for Locality is the people; both within the organisation and outside of it. Locality is particularly keen to hear from people from ethnic minority backgrounds and those with disabilities as these groups are under-represented in our workforce. We want a diverse team to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with. We work with amazing and talented individuals who want to change the world through the power of community.
- Salary of up to £31,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible working options
- Five weeks’ holiday (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Three grace days between Christmas and New Year
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Training and development opportunities
If you have a strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities that community organisations have, this is a brilliant opportunity to support community organisations; helping them to meet local needs, give people a purpose, good places to live and good health.
As a Development Officer, you’ll help community organisations within the wider Merseyside area to achieve their goals.
Working directly with community organisations and other stakeholders, such as Local Authorities, you will:
- Deliver high-quality business support on a one-to-one basis and through training and workshops
- Support our efforts to build a strong pipeline of consultancy opportunities
- Facilitate a wide range of Locality’s programmes, including undertaking grants assessments and providing key worker support
- Help to respond to tenders for contracts and funding bids
- Work with our Engagement Team to support local events
To join us as a Development Officer, you will need:
- A good understanding of the challenges and opportunities for community organisations, such as community enterprise, community asset development, community contracting or localism
- Strong financial literacy to assess and develop budgets and business plans
- To be a self-starter with the motivation to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Officer, Community Support Officer, Community Engagement & Development Officer, Community Development Worker or Development Advisor.
The closing date for applications is the 18th September 2019.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.