The London Canal Museum is looking for an experienced Education Officer to develop, deliver and manage the education service at the museum. In this role the successful candidate will be the principal point of contact for any educational need at the museum, ranging from schools, family activities to managing education volunteers. The role will also involve managing your own diary and time with hours being worked on a flexible basis over the week to support the needs of the role. The role is 12 hours per week.
We are a waterways museum first and foremost, but also an industrial museum telling the story of the ice industry in London. Housed in a former Ice Warehouse, It is the only London museum of inland waterways and is situated at King's Cross, an accessible central location
Closing date is October 10th 5pm. Interviews will be scheduled for the following week.
• Experience in school education
• Experience of creating learning activities and running events
• Keen attention to detail and a commitment to achieving high standards in every
aspect of the museum’s work
• Computer literacy including ability to edit educational materials
• Good standard of written and spoken English, including the ability to write
educational materials without errors of grammar, spelling, or punctuation, and to
present articulately in person.
• Understanding and knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Experience as a school teacher.
• Ability to offer flexibility of working hours according to customer needs
• Commitment to the ethos and values of the museum including providing services to
high professional standards by volunteers, minimising the museum’s impact on the
environment, and reliable service delivery.
• Relevant professional qualification
• Experience of working within a museum or heritage environment
• Experience of working with and managing volunteers
• An appreciation of waterways and/or industrial history and heritage
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.