Creativity, passion and presence. LCC’s new Senior Campaigner will demonstrate all this and more. With razor sharp campaigning skills and boundless energy, they will help us win political action to make London’s streets safe enough for people of all ages and abilities to cycle. This a brilliant opportunity for an experienced and versatile campaigner motivated by LCC’s goal of a zero carbon, healthier, happier London, where cycling is the norm.
This is a senior role, suitable for an experienced leader seeking a new challenge as well as for someone looking for a step up in responsibility.
The London Cycling Campaign has been successful in winning high quality cycling infrastructure, low traffic neighbourhoods and making London’s roads safer for all. But there is still a long way to go. At the same time, the climate emergency and impact of Covid-19 mean it is even more urgent that transport in London becomes greener and healthier.
We need to go further, faster. That’s where our new Senior Campaigner comes in. As the lynchpin of our Campaigns Team you will play a central role in creating and delivering both centrally-led and localised, grassroots campaigning that will accelerate and deepen our impact. Because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it will help deliver our vision for London, you will also help our organisation become more representative of London’s diversity.
- Support the CEO in creating campaign strategies
- Manage the general campaigns budget
- Set proactive and reactive campaign tactics in collaboration with other staff
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day work of LCC’s 8 person campaigns team
- Keep a general overview of LCC’s campaigning (both centrally and by LCC’s local groups)
- Respond to media and public speaking requests, fielding them directly or lining up other staff
- Maintain an open dialogue with LCC’s Marketing & Membership Team on campaigns-related communications
- Manage 2-3 staff whose prime focus is supporting LCC’s group network, taking a hands-on role with this work from time to time
- Collaborate with the Fundraising and Partnerships team on funding proposals, delivery and reporting
- Write campaign reports and opinion pieces, and lead/contribute to the creation of campaigns collateral
- Be the staff lead for reporting to the Campaigns & Active Membership subcommittee of the LCC Board
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships with external organisations and representatives
LCC is committed to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation, with new plans in place to help realise this. We welcome applications from all parts of the community, particularly from under-represented groups. This currently includes people with disabilities and from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
This is a full time role with a salary of £36,238 per annum. LCC makes an 8% pension contribution. Annual leave is 28 days. We operate the Cycle to Work Scheme and offer season ticket loans.
You can download the Job Description for this role via the link below.
To apply, please click"How to Apply" and follow the link, where you will find an Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form. These should be completed and uploaded by midnight Thusday 17 June. CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for Thursday 24 June. Due to the expected volume of applications we regret that we will only be able to reply to those selected for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.