AccessHE Uni Connect Project Officer
AccessHE, a division of London Higher, is an incredible access widening and social mobility organisation offering a signposting and support service that aims to get those from underprivileged backgrounds into further and higher education.
Working with higher education institutions (HEIs), schools, colleges and local authorities across London, we highlight routes into education and provide support and assistance to enable individuals to access opportunities that otherwise may have been beyond their reach.
To enable our work, we are now seeking an AccessHE Uni Connect Project Officer to join our charity and help make a difference to people across London. This is a fixed-term contract running until the end of July 2021.
- Salary of up to £29,000 DOE per annum
- A flexible and homeworking policy
- Free eye tests
- A central London location
- A training and development budget for each division
- A friendly and informal atmosphere
- 25 days’ annual leave for full-time staff members plus Bank Holidays and Christmas and Easter shutdowns
If you have education project and event management experience, this is an outstanding opportunity to support learners from across London to realise their educational dreams and create a better future for themselves.
Working within an innovative project environment, you’ll have the chance to interact with engaged learners at both secondary and further education level and have a positive impact on their future education.
We’ve got an incredible vision for the future where London’s students, educational staff and our members can thrive and maximise educational opportunities. You will be playing a pivotal role in the delivery of this vision and will be changing lives and futures in the process.
What’s more, we’ve got a skilled, experienced and dedicated team who are committed to making a difference and highlighting opportunities to those who otherwise would not get any.
As an AccessHE Uni Connect Project Officer, you will deliver the AccessHE project which forms a key part of the Uni Connect programme.
Uni Connect is a government funded, England-wide initiative which provides impartial advice, guidance and activities on the benefits and realities of higher education in college and university. AccessHE falls within the Uni Connect remit and works specifically within the London network of universities and colleges.
Your responsibility will be to deliver targeted higher education outreach support to learners from underrepresented and underprivileged groups and a strategic platform for institutions within the network to deliver outreach to these groups.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Providing operational support for AccessHE’s Uni Connect work
- Focusing on work delivered by AccessHE in schools in Barking & Dagenham and Havering
- Scheduling, co-ordinating and monitoring the operational delivery of events and activities such as campus visits, subject taster sessions and workshops
- Collating, monitoring and updating information on the delivery of the project
- Engaging with external trainers/presenters to undertake delivery of outreach sessions
- Producing reports and management updates on project progress
- Supporting communications and the promotion of Uni Connect in London
- Writing social media content and material for communication channels
To be considered as an AccessHE Uni Connect Project Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working on educational projects
- Experience of developing and co-ordinating events
- Administrative project support experience and/or experience of co-ordination within a professional environment
Please note, this role is subject to a basic DBS check at no cost to the candidate.
Experience of working on projects with young people from different backgrounds would be beneficial to your application. A degree level qualification or equivalent would be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Education Project Officer, Project Manager, Education Project Manager, Higher Education Project Officer, Project Delivery Officer, Education Officer, or Higher Education Officer.
Webrecruit and London Higher are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to make an impact as an AccessHE Uni Connect Project Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.