Events and Fundraising Assistant
London Legal Support Trust’s mission is to help free legal advice providers in London and the South East be more resilient and sustainable. Through grants, advice and infrastructure development, we help to ensure they can continue providing vital and life-changing legal advice to people who otherwise could not afford to defend their rights.
Access to justice is a fundamental right; without it people are at risk in almost every aspect of their lives, from employment to housing and everything in between. We exist to ensure that everyone has access to appropriate legal support when they most need it – and that lack of financial means is not a barrier.
Our partners, the legal advice centres, help thousands of people every year to access justice and to have their voices heard.
- We support law centres and other legal advice agencies in London and the South East by providing them with grant funding alongside other forms of support.
- We offer our knowledge and experience of the sector to help legal advice agencies become more sustainable.
- We work in partnership with other grant-making bodies to get vital funds out to charities and civil society organisations, to help people that face challenges such as lack of food, isolation, debt, homelessness, domestic violence and mental ill-health.
We raise funds for this work, predominantly through mass-participation fundraising events. Our biggest event, The London Legal Walk, is the biggest event fundraiser in the legal calendar. In 2023, over 16,000 people took part from across London’s legal sector – from judges and barristers to law firms, law students, legal advice providers and other supporters – to raise over £900,000 for free advice services in London.
About the role
We are recruiting an Events and Fundraising Assistant to help coordinate our Legal Walks and other events, to manage contact with our network of supporters and produce event communications and materials.
They will work closely with the Head of Events and Fundraising, and Events and Fundraising Co-ordinators, to organise sponsored events that raise vital funds for free legal advice agencies.
Working in an energetic, friendly and busy team, they will be able to make a significant and positive contribution from the start. We are a small organisation making huge strides in our mission for making access to justice available to more people in need. This position offers a fantastic entry-level opportunity for a candidate who is interested in a career in events.
Do you have a passion for social justice and a flair for events management?
We are looking for a proactive and motivated person – an organised and enthusiastic events coordinator who can help deliver an ambitious programme in support of a vital cause.
You will bring excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the organisational and administrative abilities required to coordinate a busy events programme.
You will relish the challenge of working with a small team to mobilise a wide network of supporters and ensure detailed event plans keep to a tight schedule.
- 25 day of annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time). Allowance increases due to years of service to 27 days for 2+ years, 29 days for 4+ years and 31 for 6+ years.
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuing professional development opportunities
How to apply:
To apply for this role, click the ‘quick apply’ button and submit a copy of your CV with a covering letter of no more than two pages of A4, describing how you meet the requirements of the role and the criteria outlined in the person specification. Please read the Recruitment Pack for full details before applying.
Closing date for applications: 10am Friday 8th December 2023
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 11th December
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.