London Metropolitan University Students' Union (LMSU) is looking for a highly motivated individual to take up a new role of Head of Membership (Deputy Chief Executive).
We are currently undergoing a period of significant change and development here at LMSU that has included re-founding the organisation, making changes to the way we are governed and working towards developing a new Strategic plan that maps out our future ambitions. A major part of this development includes looking at our people, with the next step in this being the introduction of this new and exciting role.
The Head of Membership will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality services and support to our members that postively influences their experience whilst at University. The Head of Membership will lead a team of staff who facilitate the provision of the Students' Union's membership services including advice provision, advocacy, campaigns & representation, democracy & governance, student activities, student media and volunteering.
We are seeking a dynamic, inspirational and collaborative person to help re-shape LMSU and bring about positive change and opportunities for our members. Supporting our on-going growth and development you will play a key role in the Union’s engagement with its members.
Ideally, you will have leadership experience in a member-focused role combined with demonstrable experience of managing change and service development, whilst managing a variety of competing priorities and stakeholder perspectives.
- Lead, manage and develop the Membership Serivces functions including strategic planning and operational delivery.
- Act as a Senior Manager (Deputy Chief Executive) helping manage the human, financial and physical assets as well as supporting the financial sustainability and statutory compliance of the Students' Union.
- Support Elected Officers and Student Representatives through provision of advice, guidance, support and training.
- Line management responsibility for all staff working within the Membership Services including casual/ student staff.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic Management & Leadership
- Service Development & Delivery
- Financial & Operational Management
- Staff Management
To apply please complete an application form and submit it to LMSU via email.
Please note CV’s will only be accepted when submitted alongside a fully completed application form.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on how closely they demonstrate a match to the criteria outlined in the job purpose and person specification.
For an informal conversation regarding this role or if you have any additional questions please contact Graeme Hope, Chief Executive at LMSU.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.