WHO ARE WE?
We are the leading charity for the provision, protection and promotion of playing fields in London. Our vision is to create a happier, healthier, more cohesive London by encouraging more people to play sport on affordable, accessible and attractive playing fields. We believe that playing fields are more than expanses of open space and are places where the lives of local people and particularly those from disadvantaged groups can be improved.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Head Office team at this sport and physical activity based charity. We are looking for an experienced qualified accountant to take a leading role in the financial management of the charity. Reporting to the Chief Executive and Hon Treasurer, the successful applicant will be someone who is well organised, demonstrates good attention to detail and provides solutions in a calm and methodical manner. You will be joining a committed and dynamic team dedicated to improving lives through better access to sport and physical activity.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and Hon Treasurer your role will entail:
- Prepare the Consolidated Financial Statements for The London Playing Fields Society and the Financial Statements for Wadham Lodge Sports Centre Ltd, its trading subsidiary.
- Liaise with auditors during the annual audit.
- Prepare an annual budget for the Finance and General Purposes Committee approval and implement appropriate financial systems for proper budgetary and cashflow control.
- Prepare the financial information to support the strategic Three-Year Plan produced by the Chief Executive.
- Prepare quarterly accounts for presentation to the F&GP Committee, identifying and reporting any matters which should be drawn to the Committee’s attention in a timely manner.
- Update the Fixed Asset Register and reconcile on a quarterly basis ensuring control of the Charity’s assets.
- Reconcile the Charity’s investments on a quarterly basis.
- Reconcile all other Balance Sheet accounts on a quarterly basis and perform a salaries reconciliation to agree to the quarterly accounts.
- Keep the charity’s books and financial records, including sales ledger, purchase ledger and bank processing, bank reconciliations and purchase ledger payment runs on Sage 50.
- Ensure that the charity has proper arrangements for handling of the funds, including banking, invoicing, payments, and online banking.
- Liaise with Companies House and the Charity Commission about the general company and charity administration and ensure timely filing of all reports, returns and accounts as required.
- Ensure credit control.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring the charity is fully and properly insured.
- Ensure the payment of staff and attend to payroll/HMRC matters including the administration of pensions.
- Ensure the appropriate retention of staff records.
- Ensure that the VAT calculation and submission are carried out in a timely manner so that the returns and payments are done on time.
- Contribute to the costing of bids to funders and the monitoring of grant monies expended.
Please download the Job Information Pack for full details of the position including the Person Specification.
When we shortlist for this job, and when we interview, candidates will be assessed on their skills and experience as set out in the job description, using the selection criteria set out here and on the person specification.
For your application to be considered please send by the closing date of 19th March the following:
- A covering letter stating why you want the job, what you think you could bring to it and how your experience to date relates to the person specification.
- Details of two references, one of whom should be your existing or last employer (who will not be contacted without your prior consent).
- Your notice period from any existing employment.
- Your current or last salary.
LPFF is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from individuals with a disability. Should applicants require any support please contact us.
The closing date for applications is 19th March.
Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, if you do not hear from LPFF within one week of the closing date, please note you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
First interviews will be held virtually on 29th & 31st March. Second interviews will be held on 14th April.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.