Do you have a 'can do, go do' attitude? Want to be part of a team building from the ground up? We're looking for new team members to support the first year of our new Fundraising and Philanthropy strategy.
The Development Officer is responsible for coordinating the acquisition, management and distribution of gifts across a rapidly growing fundraising programme. They will look after a small prospect pool of 30 - 50 individuals and organisations capable of making annual gifts of GBP 1,000 - GBP 5000.
They will join the Alumni and Development team at LSBU which has a new philanthropic vision it calls, "No Barriers to Brilliance." The goal, within the next three to five years, is to create an eco-system of giving that provides financial and non-financial support for the entire LSBU community.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support the Senior Development Manager with all aspects of developing and delivering successful fundraising programmes.
2. Implement and manage Prize Giving and Bursary Programme focused on building relationships with students, alumni and supporters; collaborating with the wider team to develop coordinated stewardship and recognition opportunities for all those involved.
3. Manage a small and fluid portfolio of donors and prospects capable of making annual gifts of the £1,000 - £5000 range or more.
4. Responsibility for all matters relating to the administration of fundraising programme activity:
a. Implementing appropriate processes and record management.
b. Reviewing and updating donor records, including contact information and consent.
c. Reviewing and updating recipient records, including contact information and consent.
d. Working with stakeholders to identify selection criteria in respect of prize and bursary awards.
5. Work with the Finance Team to ensure that all prize and bursary payments are processed in a timely way, ensuring parity between financial information recorded on the Alumni and Supporter database, with LSBU’s finance systems.
6. Chase pledges and gift renewals by phone and email, which may require occasional evening work.
7. Steward and cultivate relationships with prize and bursary donors and recipients, ensuring they are aware of wider opportunities to get involved with LSBU’s philanthropic and fundraising priorities.
8. Undertake research and benchmarking exercises on prize and bursary activity in other institutions and mission-aligned organisations, helping to identify new ways to deliver activity across LSBU Group.
9. Work with colleagues in Student Administration to develop and implement the processes for colleagues to nominate prize and bursary recipients.
10. Liaise with funding partners about specific reporting; auditing and keeping records required by Trust or Foundation funded prizes/bursaries as required, working with the wider team to ensure delivery.
To view the full job description and apply for this role please visit our website where the link will be given below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.