Salary: £26,328 per annum
Tenure: Permanent, full time
Location: Hybrid working – 2 days in the office each week
Closing Date: 9th December (please note this position may close earlier or later based on the volume of applications)
We’re looking for a Content Officer to help achieve our vision of London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. Working closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager, our Content Officer will play a central role in creating and delivering our marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns. As our Content Officer, you’ll be developing content that tells compelling stories about our work and its impact while ensuring Trust’s brand voice and style is followed, to increase engagement with new and existing audiences and support the growth of our membership base.
- Supporting the timely and effective delivery of London Wildlife Trust’s marketing and communication strategy, including digital and social, press and print media
- Creation and delivery of content across all London Wildlife Trust platforms, building an active, engaging social media presence and increasing engagement and reach
- Supporting production of press releases, statements, and other media materials to local and relevant national media - including compelling and informative case studies, demonstrating the impact of the Trust’s work
- Working closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure external comms support income generation, where appropriate
What’s in it for you?
Salary: £26,328 per annum
Tenure: Permanent, full-time contract
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Pension scheme
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you inside and outside of work
- Supportive and inclusive policies including a family-friendly policy and enhanced flexible working policy
- ‘Staff Day’ once a quarter where you can get involved in conversation work on one of our sites
Our ideal Stakeholder Communications Officer
- High standard of writing copy, with experience of preparing marketing and promotional material for all media
- Experience of using social media channels (including social media scheduling platforms), web content and targeted approaches to engage a wide audience
- Experience of creating and editing video and engaging graphics for use on social media, print and web using Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage a full workload with competing deadlines
(Please see job description for full person specification)
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. In order to achieve our goal of engaging everyone in protecting London’s wildlife for the future, we know that our staff team needs to better reflect and represent all of London’s communities. Therefore we particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, and people with disabilities, as these groups are currently under-represented at London Wildlife Trust.
Our efforts extend beyond recruitment. Our policies are designed to support our people including an enhanced Flexible Working policy and an inclusive Talent policy which includes our commitment to giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders.
Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion on our website.