We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to help achieve our vision of London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. London Wildlife Trust (LWT) is a charity with 60 staff and a turnover of around £4m a year; it includes the trading subsidiary London Wildlife Limited (LWL).
Working with our Head of Finance and our senior finance officer, you’ll be a vital part of the team and will be responsible for aspects of both accounts receivable and accounts payable for both LWT and LWL: invoicing customers and associated credit control, banking, maintaining suppliers, checking and processing purchase orders, invoices, and helping employees to use the system correctly and efficiently.
The role offers scope for learning and development in financial management, particularly charity finances.
Our ideal Finance Assistant
- Some experience at a similar level (paid or voluntary), or a finance/accounting qualification
- Experience of using finance software packages
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate work in a timely manner, maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail, with strong competency in ICT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
(Please see job description for full person specification)
What’s in it for you?
Tenure: Permanent, full time
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you inside and outside of work
- Supportive and inclusive policies including a family-friendly policy and enhanced flexible working policy
- ‘Staff Day’ once a quarter where you can get involved in conversation work on one of our sites
Closing Date: 25th October at 9am
Interview Dates: Likely to be held 11th October
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. In order to achieve our goal of engaging everyone in protecting London’s wildlife for the future, we know that our staff team needs to better reflect and represent all of London’s communities. Therefore we particularly welcome applicants who identify as being from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, and disabled people, as these groups are currently under-represented at London Wildlife Trust.
Our efforts extend beyond recruitment. Our policies are designed to support our people including an enhanced Flexible Working policy and an inclusive Talent policy which includes our commitment to giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders.
Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion our our careers page.