Recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team in Westminster!
£35,000 per annum, 35 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for providing a finance & accounting service for Look Ahead's subsidiary companies. The main focus of the role is to provide an 'end to end' service, which includes the presentation of monthly accounts to senior management as well as all the necessary support work, including journal entry and balance sheet account reconciliations. The role will also require assistance with the year end statutory accounts and the external audit process.
- Present monthly accounts to Managing Director of Care & Support, including a written commentary, and analysis to highlight key issues and trends and identify any significant variances against budget
- Support the Financial Accountant with the production of the annual financial statements, including the annual year end audit process for the organisation and liaison with the external auditors
- Prepare and post journals required to ensure that financial ledgers are accurately maintained
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead the annual budget process and ensure budget is delivered according to the Group timetable. Assist in the review, challenge and recording of budget and forecast assumptions and ensure budgets reflect business plans and all budget holders understand and own their budgets
- Act as main point of contact for subsidiary finance staff who are based in regional offices
- Seek to continuously improve all reporting, budgeting, forecasting and planning, processes to better serve strategic and operational needs
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the development and day to day management of financial systems in order to achieve reporting efficiencies
- Attend business reviews and meetings as required. Occasional travel will be required to subsidiary offices (in Kent & Essex)
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
- Promote a positive customer service attitude within the Finance team
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
It is essential that the post holder is studying towards a relevant professional finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA etc.). They must have strong financial and analytical skills and excellent financial modelling skills. Management accounting, business partnering and costing experience is essential and they must have some commercial experience and demonstrate an aptitude for understanding the business and its environment.
- Approachable, open & professional behaviour
- Is assertive and will challenge others
- Drives change, enjoys dynamic diverse environments and demonstrates entrepreneurialism, creativity and innovation
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Is Customer focussed
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Experience of posting journals and working within a general ledger system
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven customer service experience
- Be studying towards a relevant professional finance qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc.)
- 2-3 years relevant accounting experience
- Experience of using Sun Financials
- Experience of SAGE
- Experience of accounting in the social housing or care sectors
For more information or to apply please visit our website.