Recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Head Office in Westminster!
GBP 35,000 per annum, 35 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, study support, healthcare and more
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Assistant Financial Accountant will be involved with all financial accounting and treasury activities for the organisation which includes Look Ahead Care & Support and its subsidiaries. Activities include the day to day monitoring and administration of Look Ahead's bank account, posting journals and producing monthly balance sheet reconciliations. They will also be involved with the year end statutory accounts and audit process, and assisting with the management of the outsourced payroll function.
- Assist with the production of the annual financial statements for Look Ahead Care & Support (LACS) as 3 subsidiary companies.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the annual year end audit process for the organisation including liaison with the external auditors.
- Ensure that Look Ahead's main bank account is reconciled on a daily basis. Prepare and post daily journals for cash receipts, direct debits, and manual payments.
- Maintain and keep an up to date a schedule of direct debits and standing orders for Look Ahead's main bank account. Set up, amend and cancel regular payments as required.
- Prepare bankings for cash and cheques received at head office.
- Administer Look Ahead's bank accounts, ensuring that bank mandates and account signatories are kept up to date.
- Ensure that queries and information sent to Look Ahead's Banking mailbox are actioned on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of Look Ahead's other bank accounts and loan accounts on a monthly basis. Prepare month & year end journals in order to ensure correct reporting of interest and investments in the management and statutory accounts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT return for Look Ahead and Look Ahead Developments.
- Post all fixed asset journals, reconciling relevant balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and post monthly journals and complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for other general ledger accounts as required.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll journals and the reconciliation of relevant payroll accounts e.g. payroll control, PAYE, pension, attachment of earnings etc.
- Provide cover support for the Payroll Assistant when necessary.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the development and day to day management of the SUN financial system across the whole finance team in order to achieve efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Assist the Financial Accountant to deliver a comprehensive financial control system that ensures the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the organisations financial systems, processes and procedures at a level appropriate to the financial risk. Prepare and maintain written finance procedures manuals detailing the controls and processes in place.
- Assist with the monitoring and audit of cash held throughout the organisation. Ensure that all policies and procedures remain relevant and appropriate.
- Work flexibly and co-operatively as part of the wider Finance Team.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, networks in local business community
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Is assertive and will challenge others
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Demonstrates significant confidence and high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about his/her career and job experiences
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Be studying towards a relevant professional finance qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc.).
- 1 - 2 years relevant accounting experience.
- Experience of using Sun Financials.
- Experience of accounting in the social housing sector.
- Experience of posting journals and working within a general ledger system.
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations.
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.