Recruiting an Assistant Project Surveyor (Property) to join our Asset and Properties team in Westminster!
£40,000 per annum, 35 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To assist Project Surveyors in delivery of the planned major works and cyclical re decorations programs to the organisation's housing stock. To manage (under supervision) non -complex projects such as kitchen and bathroom replacements, communal areas decorations, refurbishment of small properties. This will involve carrying out condition surveys, identifying works required, creating scopes of works, estimating and managing project budgets, managing the projects from inception to completion stage, including monitoring of on-site works undertaken by contractors and to advise and update on progress, variations and deviations from agreed programs.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be well organised and have good attention to detail. The role will require travel around and outside of London.
- To work within Look Ahead property services team, on any property related projects and initiatives as required
- To undertake management of non complex planned capital and revenue projects from inception to completion
- To assist with the effective delivery of complex projects including planned works, cyclical works and improvement/ redevelopment projects
- To undertake various types of property surveys (condition/ dilapidation/ decent homes) as required, creating survey reports and assist in keeping the stock condition records up to date
- To manage contractors and works on site, including regular site visits, monitoring progress and quality of works
- To manage and work with key stakeholders and customers keeping them informed and dealing with any issues
- To be able to monitor and control a set budget and have awareness on implications of any over spend
- To ensure any project related issues are dealt with in a timely manner and escalated to senior property team members if required
- To write or assist in collecting data for various summary reports and technical reports as required
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- A passion for the work of Look Ahead and the values that Look Ahead supports
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Able to work on your own initiative
For more information or to apply, please visit our website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 12 February 2021
Closed date: 08 March 2021
Job ref: REQ002426
Tags: Social Care/Development