Recruiting Bank Support Workers to join our Young People and Care Leavers services across London and South East London!
Our Young People's Services are based in Barking and Dagenham, Bromley, Croydon, Ealing, Hounslow, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
£10.75 per hour plus Pension scheme. This role is working a zero hour contract.
Today we support over 1200 young people between the ages of 16 and 25 every year through a wide range of services. We have experience of delivering many different types of services for young people including foyers, family mediation and respite services.
They might have had problems at home, come directly from care or be escaping abuse, violence or exploitation. Others may have mental health needs, drug or alcohol issues or have offended in the past. Whatever their background, we know that with the right support, they can go on to achieve great things.
Key to our approach for young people is our new life skill programme, co-developed by our customers and staff. Mapped to the Government's Care Leavers' Strategy, it focuses on building skills and confidence in the different areas professionals look at when assessing a young people's ability to live independently. This includes emotional wellbeing, skills, training and work, health, finances, relationships and their living environment.
Bank Support Workers have the ability to accept any shifts available on an ad-hoc basis across all Look Ahead's Young People and Care Leavers services. Bank Support Workers will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. While carrying out activities, Bank Support Workers should deal with all customers, visitors and staff in a professional and appropriate manner and report to Look Ahead staff and management any observations relating to customers' welfare.
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Conducting key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local area to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the shift
For more information or to apply please visit our website.