Recruiting a Business Systems Manager to join our IT Team in Westminster!
£60,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 35 hours per week.
Look Ahead are a dynamic and innovative care and support business known for providing life-changing services. We are now looking for a hands-on and engaging Business Systems Manager with excellent technical know-how who will act as a leading business enabler and game changer, who will help realise strategic goals and drive the development of core business systems as Look Ahead strives to transform to become a data driven organisation.
As our confident Business Systems Manager you'll have ample opportunity to make your mark and impress as we deliver customer and employee focussed systems with dynamic, mobile solutions designed to engage staff and increase interaction with our computer systems.
Reporting to the IT Director, you will have overall responsibility for all business systems and databases. You will provide leadership to a focussed team that will maintain and develop Look Ahead's business systems whose goal is to maximise the power of Look Ahead's information.
What you'll need:
- Evidence of experience managing multiple applications in an organisation of a similar size to Look Ahead
- Demonstrable success in integrating solutions from multiple vendors such that benefits have been derived from using data as an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to hit the ground running, to shrewdly evaluate requirements and systems, and to develop strong relationships with colleagues
Look Ahead needs outstanding people committed to delivering outstanding services and we can offer you a career with real heart and potential, not to mention a wide range of benefits. Look Ahead is also entirely committed to providing staff with significant scope to succeed and develop their skills.
Look Ahead recognises that data and applications that collect data have an important role in the future success of the business. Look Ahead are delivering a Digital Transformation programme and we need to have the right business systems management structure in place to offer continual support, development and improvements to our business systems and to provide insight into the organisation's data.
The post holder will support Look Ahead IT department's vision of developing, delivering and deploying information management and technology solutions which drive business transformation, efficiency and improved services for our customers.
The post holder will demonstrate excellent technical skills, project delivery and change management skills, and will be adept at issue resolution for the relevant technologies.
The post holder will be located in Look Ahead's Head Office and will not be expected to travel.
- Overall responsibility for all business systems
- Overall responsibility for SQL Database Administration
- Shared responsibility for project management tasks related to the enhancement of the existing Business Systems environment and for the deployment of new technologies as directed
- Shared responsibility with other senior IT Department staff for identifying problems within Look Ahead that can be addressed by the introduction of technology
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that Look Ahead's Business Systems are secure, licenced and compliant with relevant laws and regulations
- Shared responsibility and accountability for the effective backing up of business systems to include regular reviews and testing of Disaster Recovery processes and procedures
- Shared responsibility for ensuring good supplier relationships are maintained such that Look Ahead maximise the benefits of all technologies deployed
- Other duties as directed by the IT Director
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A previous history of working with multiple successfully integrated business systems
- The successful management of Business System focussed change projects
- Experience of change and release management or full software development lifecycle involvement
- Problem solving/analytical skills will be crucial to the post holder's success
- Detail and success orientated
- The ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- MS SQL Server T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS programming skills
- An understanding of MS SQL Server DBA principles
- A history of building successful, customer service focussed teams
- Experience of working in a fast paced, lean environment