Recruiting for a Chef to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Westminster!
GBP 11,180 per annum, 20 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Edward Alsop Court provides accommodation for men over 50 with complex needs around health, mobility, alcohol use, or personality disorder. There are 29 self-catering beds for men over 35 with low needs, to prepare them for independent living. Specialist support is provided around re-offending behaviour, mental health issues, and substance misuse. EAC implements and promotes supporting people out of homelessness, particularly those with complex trauma or a diagnosis of personality disorder. The post holder will work at Edward Alsop Court Hostel a support accommodation service for men with complex needs supporting men with complex substance use, mental and physical health and offending behaviours, and those who are nearing their end of life. The project offers 24 hour high support providing 79 bed spaces. Support is delivered by a team of Support Workers, Specialist Support Workers and Night Support Workers.
Our kitchen chef will prepare and cook meals for residents according to agreed menus. Oversees the service kitchen by managing any other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet client's requests. Will assist in prep work and cleaning kitchen, but more often will be involved in cooking and serving dishes. There will be an expectation that the chef designs a menu based on client requirements in line with a set weekly budget. The chef will be expected to create a calm, welcoming environment for a client group with complex needs.
Monday-Friday 7am-11am 20 hours per week.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision for all staff working in the kitchen/dining room
- To prepare and cook meals for residents according to agreed menus
- To ensure that meals are provided on time in accordance advertised meal times
- To ensure food kitchen hygiene meets a high standard at all times
- To ensure that all meals are appropriately presented and served
- To monitor all kitchen staff in safe methods of working with equipment and machinery
- To report any accident, breakage or fault in accordance with the stated procedure
- To maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in all food preparation and serving areas
- To provide a high standard of service to customers at all times and to deal with customers comments and complaints appropriately
- Any other duties as designated by the line manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Holds a level 3 food safety certificate
- Previously worked in a kitchen environment
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.