Recruiting a Compliance Manager to join our Property Service team in Westminster!
£50,000-£55,000 per annum, 35 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The Compliance Manager will ensure the safety of tenants, members of the public and Look Ahead properties and common areas by planning, controlling and delivering the periodic testing, servicing, maintenance, remedial and inspection programs required.
The post holder will oversee the management of the compliance administration team. They will ensure that all compliance systems and databases are continually updated and reflective of the live environment and all records are maintained to the highest degree of accuracy.
The Compliance Manager will play a lead role in the successful management with all compliance works streams namely: gas, electrical, lifts, fire safety, water hygiene, and asbestos. They will also manage the completion of remedial actions arising from inspections ensuring all works associated with compliance activities are completed to the relevant statutory and regulatory standards.
The post holder will ensure that all timescales for testing, servicing and remedial works are kept, handle all compliance issues with external agencies and enforcing authorities, and property compliance issues for the business.
They will ensure good financial management of allocated budgets and providing periodic reports on actual and forecast spend.
- Provide successful management of day-to-day of all compliance work, namely fire safety, gas safety, water hygiene, electrical, lifts, asbestos amongst other areas of property compliance
- Manage the team and contractors, to ensure that all testing, servicing and inspection regimes are undertaken on time and in line with regulations and policies
- Ensure completion of maintenance and remedial works required in the effective management of asbestos, legionella, fire safety, electrical, gas and lifting equipment to LACS stock ensuring that the highest levels of compliance are achieved
- Manage the team to maintain accurate compliance and other records and update IT systems from the activities of the Compliance service. Provide technical support for issues arisen from compliance issues
- Provide up to date information as and when required, and produce in depth analysis for KPI's in weekly compliance meetings
- Effective management of staff, including functions such as recruitment, training, professional development, appraisals, regular one to one, team meetings and general performance
- Attend various meetings, both internal and external, to represent LACS and conduct joint site meetings with LACS staff, contractors and external agencies
- To have overall responsibility for the review of certification, determine resolutions and undertake remedial action
- To have overall responsibility for the instruction of contractors, follow up recommendations and ensure priority works are carried out
- Manage all contracts for asbestos, legionella, fire, electrical, gas and lift contracts (planned testing, inspection, servicing, responsive repairs, improvement works and all associated remedial works) and chair regular contract management meetings
- Make visits to site to monitor contractor performance against key performance indicators and to validate servicing and remedial works being undertaken to ensure that they are to a high standard
- Ensure the team is managed to facilitate smooth running of all contracts and programmes of works
Finance & Budgets
- Manage the budgets for all 6 areas of compliance, promptly raise any concerns (under or overspend), and provide information as required for budgeting and business planning purposes
- Authorise works up to the delegated authority for the post holder
- Work with Project Managers to ensure all works are compliant and provide value for money
- Promote a culture of value for money and sound financial practice within the role
For more information or to apply please visit our website.