* First point of contact for all areas of compliance such as Fire Safety, Asbestos, Legionella, Electrical Safety, Gas Safety, Lifts, insurance inspections, etc.
* Monitor and ensure that all compliance contracts are delivered in line with Look Ahead policies and procedures.
* Ensure Look Ahead complies with Health and Safety legislation and other regulatory obligations, assessing risk and putting in place relevant control measures.
* Monitor all compliance remedial works required to Look Ahead stock, ensuring that the contractor's performance is of the highest level.
* To co-ordinate the activities of contractors, consultants and staff relating to access and corresponding with customers.
* Produce KPI's on a weekly basis for the management compliance meetings.
* Be responsible for the data management of incoming compliance documents, including initial QA (for accuracy and suitability) and uploading onto the appropriate systems.
* Maintain accurate compliance records and update IT systems from the activities of the compliance service.
* Conduct post inspection of work to ensure compliance with the specification of works and ensuring quality of workmanship.
* Conduct joint site meetings with Look Ahead staff and contractors.
* Day to day management of compliance activities including monitoring of compliance, running reports, identifying non-compliance, proactively manage any potential non-compliance, data entry, maintaining property information, data quality updates, providing supporting documentation for reports, KPIs, etc.
* Cover the duties of the Compliance Manager when unavailable.
* Deliver Contract Administration on asbestos, legionella, fire, electrical, gas and lift contracts (planned testing, inspection and servicing, responsive repairs and improvement works)
* Make visits to site to monitor contractor performance against key performance indicators and to validate servicing and remedial works being undertaken to ensure that they are to a high standard
* Provide day to day contact for all relevant contractors and work with them to ensure correct resourcing, planning and programming of compliance services and influencing and negotiating and assisting in coordinating changes as required
* Contributing to contract management meetings and chair these in the Compliance Manager's absence, or as required.
Finance & Budgets
* Raise and authorise works up to the delegated authority for the post holder
* Review and validate variation orders, applications for payment and invoices in a timely manner so that payments to contactors and suppliers are made in line with their contract terms and conditions and to ensure financial control
* Provide information as required for budgeting and business planning purposes
* Corporate - Deliver excellent service to customers
* Equality and Diversity - Actively promote Equality and Diversity policy in all aspects of your duties
* Safeguarding - Adhere to effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children
* Dignity and Respect - Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect whilst at work so that they are able to, and encouraged to meet their full potential by working in a non-threatening environment free of harassment and/or bullying
* Data Protection - Ensure that the principle of confidentiality and the requirements of the Data Protection Act are fully applied to the work of your service area
* Information Sharing - Work in line with the relevant protocols and service level agreements to enable the effective sharing of information between agencies
Team Working & Communication
* Work in partnership with contractors, Local Councils, other housing associations and other colleagues from LACS to ensure service delivery
* Develop robust and effective stakeholder and supplier relationships and work closely with the relevant contractors to develop partnering arrangements
* Support collaborative and cross functional working and share resources across the Property Services Team, and the wider Housing Service to meet operational targets and priorities should a need occur
* Liaise with residents who are undergoing works to their home, dealing with their needs sensitively and obtaining feedback. Explain technical plans and specifications to a non-technical audience
* Provide technical advice and support to colleagues
Training & Development
* Identify and undertake training and development opportunities as required to ensure the available skills are in place to meet business objectives
* Be willing to undertake any training identified by the Compliance Manager to meet the needs of the service
Health & Safety
* General - Comply with all health and safety legislation for your area of work, ensuring that plans are prepared and adhered to and risks are identified, managed and monitored as required
* Work in conjunction with the Housing Department in order to utilise available powers to gain entry to tenant's homes for essential inspections or work. This may involve attending and giving evidence at both the County and Magistrates Court if necessary
* Represent LACS at external meetings as and when required
* Undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by your line manager