Recruiting a Concierge Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Kent!
GBP 20,380 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more working 40 hours per week.This role will be based in Tunbridge Wells and will be working nights.
The Concierge Officer provides first contact and safeguarding to the customers during night-time hours. This includes providing a high level of customer service, recognising safeguarding concerns, identifying and reporting risks to people, report writing and providing handovers. In addition, the Concierge Officer will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the building throughout times when support staff are not on site.
You will be part of an existing rota covering 4 nights on and 4 nights off between the hours of 9pm-8am working alongside another colleague.
- Providing a welcoming and responsive presence to customers and visitors and ensuring their safety and the safety of the building is maintained at all times
- Carry out welfare checks on customers where required
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Managing the security of the scheme and monitoring the CCTV system
- Reporting repairs and managing immediate remedial to defects if an urgent health and safety matter arises
- Accurately recording interactions with clients and report customer incidents
- Settling in new customers
- Ensuring good housekeeping of the communal areas and occasional food preparation.
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- To treat all information - both verbal and written - in accordance with Look Ahead's policy on confidentiality
- To maintain good relationships with all involved professionals and agencies
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care, Support & Housing plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of management and offer comprehensive verbal handover
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- A commitment to engaging with vulnerable customers with complex needs, including mental health and substance misuse issues
- The ability to maintain a calm and assertive approach when faced with complex and challenging situations, including building safety, anti-social behaviour and complaints
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organized
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- Ability to adhere to Look Ahead's professional boundaries policy
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent with some previous relevant sector work experience
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 02 June 2020
Closed date: 16 June 2020
Job ref: REQ001917
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work