Recruiting for a Contract Manager to join our Mental Health service in Slough!
GBP 33,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Hope Place is a new supported accommodation service located in Slough comprising 11 self contained rooms with a staff office on site. The service will accommodate and support people who experience moderate to high complex mental illness, many of whom will also have a range of additional and complex needs, for example drug and alcohol misuse issues and personality disorders.
Hope Place will be opened in May and provide care and support for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays. The service will be covered at night by designated Waking Night staff. Support Workers will be required to work on a rota basis, covering early and late shifts, including at weekends and Bank Holidays. The successful candidate will provide direct line management to a Team leader and the majority of the staff team including 7 support workers and 2 waking night staff.
There is a strong partnership in place with local CMHT and there will be an allocated OT assigned to the service.
The service will have a focus on enabling and utilisation of residents' skills. Amongst other responsibilities, support will focus on tenancy sustainment, budgeting skills, facilitation of group activities, socialisation and opportunities for training and employment.
Contract Managers are responsible for the effective management of all contracts within their designated patch, including line managing the relevant front line staff. Leadership and competence development in direct reports is a key responsibility of the role. Post-holders may also carry client group specialism responsibilities, linking in with other Managers and Head of Operations to ensure focussed integration of specialisms across the whole organisation.
- Drive business planning activities within your contract, ensuring relevant and challenging objective setting and ongoing performance tracking, developing turn around action plans as may be necessary
- Using sound financial and accounting principles, manage contract budgets to deliver on corporate and local contract financial targets
- Successfully lead and motivate your team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within your service
- Work to continuously improve staff competence, ensure ownership of all staff issues and speedy and effective conflict resolution
- Responsible for reporting all staff changes to HR and Payroll departments, as appropriate e.g. starters, leavers, additional hours etc.
- Responsible for maintaining quarterly staff succession plans
- Deliver effective, professional and commercially focused briefings and supervision meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting & communications flow up/down is effective
- Responsible for managing and allocating customers to support staff (casework management)
- Develop key business relationships with all relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Plan, organise and prioritise operations within your contract to ensure maximum efficiencies/utilisation of all resources
Working with your team lead creative and ambitious customer involvement plans across the patch and ensure successful implementation
- Where appropriate to role, carry client group specialism activities, linking in with other Managers and Heads of Operations to ensure focussed integration of specialisms across the whole organisation
- Lead quality visits, using Look Ahead's local indicators to monitor quality/performance, set targets and lead action plans to ensure highly rated services that reflect requirements of local funders and local and national standards
- Responsible for producing and submitting Monthly Management Reports to the Performance team, ensuring that all data gathered on local KPI's are accurate and up to date
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives across contract portfolio ensuring Look Ahead continues to set and achieves sector best practice standards and is held as a benchmark to competitors
- Develop and maintain excellent internal management relationships with all other Look Ahead departments and functions, ensuring sharing of best practice and supporting initiatives to improve organisational performance
- Within your service, ensure competent use of all relevant business IT systems and all company policies and frameworks
- Responsible for managing petty cash for the service in accordance with Look Ahead procedures
- Deliver an out of hours on-call service for region
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to throughout the service, to review at local level and ensure staff are competent and suitably trained
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Head of Operations Managers
- Ensure that all other Look Ahead policies and procedures are adhered to
- Carry out other management duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead, including the management of other contracts within the designated patch, or an alternative patch, if such a need arises
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.