Recruiting 2 x Registered Domicillary Care Assistants to join our Domicillary Care team in London!
GBP 8,944 per annum, 16 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To provide a range of personal care services to meet the needs of our customers within Look Ahead services. You are required to encourage customers to contribute to activities and help customers to develop their own skills and confidence and maintain their independence.
While carrying out activities, you should maintain a professional manner, reporting to Look Ahead staff and management any observations relating to customers' welfare and well-being.
You may be working with customers from all of Look Ahead Client Groups including Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Homelessness and Young People. When appropriate you will be required to complete regulated activities which includes personal care and medication assistance.
- Support customers to undertake tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Support customers to attend GP and health appointments and religious services as directed
- Support customers to integrate into the community, for example accompanying the customer to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities etc.
- Support customers to go shopping for food, clothes etc.
- Maintain records as required under the direction of Look Ahead staff and management
- Deliver all aspects of personal and physical care as appropriate to meet the individual needs of the customer. E.g. help with dressing, grooming & make-up, bathing, support going to the toilet etc.
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks in the home wherever possible, including practical assistance in developing skills to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation. E.g. cleaning, vacuuming, washing, ironing, simple home decorating, sewing, light gardening
- Support customers with medication administration
- Assistance with meals, meal preparation, eating and drinking
- Support to attend medical appointment, shopping and social activities
- Report any observations to Look Ahead staff and management relating to customers' welfare
- Providing customers with companionship. E.g. accompanying customers to visit relatives, attend special interest clubs, go out walking, to the park, dinner or the pub, play board games and cards
- Planning day trips and outings e.g. to the seaside, art galleries/museums, and encourage more independent living
- Assist customers in budgeting and money management, paying bills etc.
- Encourage customers to take interest in and undertake basic sports, creative and arts activities in or outside the home. E.g. Swimming, jogging, attend gym, health clubs, go dancing, play music, make (draw/paint) pictures, take simple photographs, attend theatre/amateur dramatics etc.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is customer-focused
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Applicants may have some previous relevant work experience. This may be experience gained from care of a vulnerable person or work in similar organisations. Prior experience is not a pre-requisite for the role as key behaviours and core competencies will also be taken into account.
on with people at all levels within the organisation
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.