Recruiting a Employment, Education and Training Co-ordinator to join our Mental Health Service in Tower Hamlets!
GBP 21,944 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is a fixed term contract until 6th November 2020 and is working 40 hours per week.
Independent Living Community Support provides a specialist floating service for people with enduring mental health support needs. It also provides resettlement support for those moving through mental health general need housing quota Band 1B and works closely with the Tower Hamlets Resettlement team. Referrals are made by the Community Mental Health Teams, Assertive Outreach Service, Early Intervention Service, Community Recovery & Rehabilitation Service and, in specific case, other sources.
The Employment, Training & Education Co-ordinator will assess the employment, training and education needs and support customers, to maximise their employment, training & education engagement with external providers. As well as making links with Employment, Training & Education providers in the community. The post-holder will ensure that they have resources available for use by customers, as well as acting as a resource for the staff team. You will also support staff to develop their knowledge of Employment, Training & Education opportunities and maximum the use of the on site training.
- To act as a resource for the team, making links with Employment, Training & Education providers to access opportunities for customers as required
- To establish targeted job search facilities
- To establish and maintain up to date resource information on local opportunities
- To oversee the publication of a monthly newsletter with a strong focus on Employment, Training & Education
- To be the local contact with Look Ahead's Learning & Development Team and disseminate Employment, Training & Education information and opportunities to staff and customers
- To meet with all new customers during the first two weeks of their tenancy to establish a plan to support the customer with their employment, training and education support needs
- Ensure a high profile for provision of meaningful occupation activity within the service and ensure appropriate links
- Oversee the use of the Look Ahead Life skills/Wellbeing fund across all services
- To establish and maintain an accessible database of employment, training and education information
- To maintain statistics around customers use of the training room
- To initiate and organise meetings, sessions or events to promote specific opportunities
- Establish and maintain effective links with key organisations and to represent Look Ahead at external meetings as appropriate
- To link with other Employment, Training & Education activities across other Look Ahead services
- Establish and maintain links with local businesses and employer organisations to achieve opportunities for work placements for customers
- Undertake fundraising as required for ETE projects
- To work with identified customers on a 1 to 1 basis to deliver Employment, Training & Education advice
- To attend relevant internal/external meetings and contribute as and when required
- To facilitate customer use of training courses and support them during that process
- The ability to be self servicing in terms of IT packages such as Word is a requirement of the post
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong IT skills and experience of working with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 20 March 2020
Closed date: 13 April 2020
Job ref: REQ001780
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work