Recruiting Full/Part Time Enhanced Support Workers to join our Mental Health Service in Westminster!
Look Ahead's Shirland West Mental Health service is commissioned by Westminster City Council. The service comprises 3 complex needs sites which have staff cover 24/7, as well as 7 step down sites. Support staff will benefit from working in a dynamic service across multiple sites, and will support a range of customers with varying support levels.
We are currently recruiting the following roles:
Full Time Enhanced Support Worker - £22,500 per annum, permanent position, 40 hours per week
Part Time Enhanced Support Worker - £13,500 - £18,000 per annum, permanent position, between 24-32 hours per week (contractual hours can be discussed at interview)
Please clearly state in your supporting statement which role/roles you are interested in.
These roles require working a shift pattern on a rota basis, including weekends. Due to the current pandemic the shift patterns may change.
We offer 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Develop knowledge around the local mental health system to ensure customers receive the best treatment available
- Lead on an area of specialism (e.g. ETE, health and wellbeing) and build partnerships and develop internal and external opportunities for service-users in this area
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.