Recruiting for an Enhanced Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Notting Hill!
GBP £23,750 per annum working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To enable vulnerable people to manage their licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
TThis is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
* Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader / Manager
* Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
* Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
* Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
* Support customers to move on from the service through their identified move on pathway liaising with Tower Hamlet's HOST and Clearing House.
* Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
* Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
*Strong Communication skills
*Mental resilience in a pressurised environment
*Degree or Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector.
COVID-19 double jabs vaccination is desirable and candidates should be encouraged to comply.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 24 September 2021
Closed date: 01 October 2021
Job ref: REQ002992
Tags: Support Worker