Recruiting for 6X Enhanced Support Worker to join our Mental Health Service in Westminster!
GBP 23,000 per annum working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
* Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
* Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
* Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
* Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
* Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
* Develop knowledge around the local mental health system to ensure customers receive the best treatment available
* Lead on an area of specialism (e.g. ETE, health and wellbeing) and build partnerships and develop internal and external opportunities for service-users in this area
* Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
* Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
* Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
* Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
* Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
* Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
* Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
A full job description and further details are available on the website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 07 December 2021
Closed date: 28 December 2021
Job ref: REQ003037
Tags: Support Worker