Recruiting an Estates Officer to join our Housing team in Westminster!
£24,500 per annum, 35 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Each year, Look Ahead collects c£21m of rent and service charge from the c3,000 units of property that we own and manage. This amount represents roughly a third of Look Ahead's annual income and therefore it is essential for us to maximise our income collection and estate management. This is a varied opportunity that will see you managing a range of situations including complex cases of ASB (anti-social behaviour), this may include attending evictions, liaising with tenancy enforcement agencies, gathering relevant information to support any action taken. You will regularly carry out inspections within your patch to ensure that the buildings are a safe environment for our customers and that they meet any legislative requirement. You will ensure empty homes are re-let as quickly as possible and support new tenants once they move into their homes to sustain their tenancies. You will be the operational lead for all Welfare visits and sign post residents to support agencies where necessary. The role entails a majority of the time spent visiting our estates, properties and customers and it would be expected that at least 80% of the work will be carried out on-site conducting these visits.
As part of the application process please upload your supporting statement within your CV. Please answer the following question in your supporting statement:
What interested you to apply for this role?
- Pro-actively manage, maintain a patch of c.350 properties
- Represent Look Ahead in Court for all cases brought against customers in your patch
- Minimising void rent loss, identify possible issues and working in partnership with internal colleagues to efficiently re-let empty homes
- Carry out a Estate Inspections and ensure that any Health and Safety issues are resolved a quickly as possible
- Carry out tenancy audit and welfare visits for vulnerable customers and keep records of all visits undertaken
- Carry out Fire Risk Assessment remedial actions within timescales inline with Look Ahead's Compliance requirements
- Respond to customer complaints in line with Look Ahead's Policy & Procedures
- Record and investigate any ASB complaints received and aim for a resolution in each case
- Work collaboratively with the Housing & Income Officer to ensure that customer queries and concerns are address in a timely manner
- Build effective and strong relationships with customers, identify customer's needs and aspirations, and provide targeted support and use of customer intelligence to drive tenancy sustainability
- Work with customers to minimise and resolve issues and complaints
- Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service.
- Any other duties as reasonably can be expected of the post holder
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality customer service; preferably in the housing sector
- Effective stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the
- ability to work independently
- Proven track record of successfully solving difficult problems
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment
- Proficient use of a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office
- Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong IT skills particularly in MS Word and Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Well organised and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Highly motivated
- Experience of lone-working
- Customer service skills to a diverse client group that meets individual needs and requirements
For more information or to apply, please visit our website.