Recruiting an Estates Officer to join our Housing Services Team in Westminster!
GBP 24,500 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
This role is working 35 hours per week and is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Look Ahead Care, Support and Housing is a specialist regulated housing association and provider of tailor-made care, support and accommodation services to people with a wide range of needs, including mental health, homelessness and complex needs, care leavers and young people. The organisation owns and manages a mixed portfolio of properties across London, South East and the Home Counties.
Each year, Look Ahead collects cGBP 21m of rent and service charge from the c3,000 units of property that we own and manage. This amount represents roughly a third of Look Ahead's annual income and therefore it is essential for us to maximise our income collection and estate management.
This is a varied opportunity that will see you managing a range of situations including complex cases of ASB (anti-social behaviour), this may include attending evictions, liaising with tenancy enforcement agencies, gathering relevant information to support any action taken. You will regularly carry out inspections within your patch to ensure that the buildings are a safe environment for our customers and that they meet any legislative requirement. You will ensure empty homes are re-let as quickly as possible and support new tenants once they move into their homes to sustain their tenancies. You will be the operational lead for all Welfare visits and sign post residents to support agencies where necessary.
- Pro-actively manage, maintain a patch of c.350 properties
- Represent Look Ahead in Court for all cases brought against customers in your patch
- Minimising void rent loss, identify possible issues and working in partnership with internal colleagues to efficiently re-let empty homes
- Carry out Estate Inspections and ensure that any Health and Safety issues are resolved a quickly as possible
- Build effective and strong relationships with customers, identify customer's needs and aspirations, and provide targeted support and use of customer intelligence to drive tenancy sustainability
- Work with customers to minimise and resolve issues and complaints
- Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service
- Build relationships with local stakeholders in order to foster partnership working to deliver shared neighbourhood improvement
- Ensure that all data protection requirements are met in accordance with the Group's policy, procedures and statutory requirements
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in accordance with the Look Ahead's policy, procedures and statutory requirements
- Any other duties as reasonably can be expected of the post holder
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment
- Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering high quality customer service; preferably in the housing sector
- Effective stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation
- Proven track record of successfully solving difficult problems
- Proficient use of a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office
Please upload a supporting statement along with your CV which details why you are interested in this role, the skills and experience you have working with our client base and what you could contribute to the team.
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.