Recruiting for an Executive Director of Business Development to join our Head Office in Westminster!
GBP 110,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working for 35 hours per week.
The Executive Director of Business Development has a key target to deliver the annual business development growth target for Look Ahead. Building and retaining key external contacts and networks across central / local government, social care, health and other commissioners and external contacts is critical to the role.
This role will support a culture that inspires service excellence, Innovation and maximises all opportunities to sell the services that Look Ahead can over in Health, Support and Housing. The role will work strategically in collaboration with the Executive team in Operations and Property to deliver the future offer and drive the focus of the core customer groups. This role is also accountable for the delivery of the work programme in relation to fundraising and partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a culture that allows for service improvement while role modelling Look Ahead's values and behaviours
- Provide effective visible leadership to the team and organisation ensuring challenging objectives are set within a performance and quality focused environment
- Develop external relationships and networks to ensure Look Ahead is fully appraised and prepared for any future developments within area of responsibility
- Maintain effective communication with the wider Executive team and Chief Executive Officer to ensure they are appraised of any changes and developments
- Ensure that all resources are utilised effectively and deliver best value when overseeing work in your area of responsibility
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested by your employer
- To set and deliver the Business Development pipeline for the organisation to meet the business plan growth in priority areas
- To have excellent networks and develop the profile for Look Ahead in target areas for service development and business development opportunities
- To be responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies. Governance, risk management and processes for the Business Development function at Look Ahead
- To ensure the property and operational teams work in an integrated way with the Business Development team to deliver a streamlined offer
- The role will work collaboratively with the leadership team and be responsible for delivering innovative services supported by Look Aheads business transformation programme and corporate services
- To be accountable for providing excellent customer service and value for money for at all services in remit
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Excellent communication, networking and inter-personal skills
- Able to think creatively
- Able to deal confidently with a diverse range of people
- Persistent and able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- A believer in teamwork and skilled in building and maintaining unity
- A high level of self-motivation with a driven and proactive approach; Look Ahead is looking for someone to make a difference to its organisation, not just to maintain the status quo
- A clear empathy for the vision, mission and values of Look Ahead
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Exceptional leadership management skills with the ability to build and motivate a team
- Enables people to see a potential future outcome and provide clear direction
- Able to put ideas into action; establishing processes and systems that deliver cost effective, customer focused results
- Able to gain internal and external stakeholders approval
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills
- A first class communicator with gravitas and ability to communicate effectively externally with potential strategic partners, the Regulator, suppliers and Government ministers
- Able to set and monitor performance targets for individuals and teams
- Able to form and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to manage change in an environment of rapid activity with complex stakeholders
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.