Recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to join our Head Office in Westminster!
GBP 40,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more working 35 hours per week.
Did you make a difference today? We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to join our Health and Safety Team. The right individual will be passionate about making safety work in a complex multi-site care and support environment, where you will approach to health and safety will be something more than just rules to be followed. Working with others across the organisation, you will help to develop and embed the health and safety management system, building competence in others to manage risk as you go.
The Health and Safety Manager is part of a wider team, will be responsible for ensuring that as an organisation Look Ahead have effective control over the health and safety risks created by our work activities. The role will work to develop and embed a positive safety culture within the organisation. The role provides the opportunity to implement new approaches for health and safety and to be an effective partner to our managers as they deliver services to those most in need.
- Act as a source of competent professional advice, providing coaching to key business contacts to drive forward continual improvement and understanding of health and safety
- Maintain a visible and respected professional profile as a health and safety practitioner, ensuring that the role is valued by key stakeholders as an essential asset
- With the Head of Health and Safety, work to develop and embed the Health and Safety Management System
- Manage specific 'business as usual' work areas including Display Screen Equipment, 3rd party assurance etc. Critically review current processes to identify and deliver improvements and increase efficiency
- Using appropriate tools, identify training needs, prepare and/or deliver pre-prepared and bespoke training as required. Where appropriate, provide innovation in training delivery such as using webinars, video blogs etc
- Develop and implement an H&S audit and inspection programme that targets improvement of key risk areas. Produce regular updates on audit findings as well as other relevant KPI's
- Manage the full life cycle of projects and activities to improve health and safety within Look Ahead, ensuring effective tracking of actions and delivery within agreed timeframes
- Undertake adverse event investigations, identifying where improvement is required and ensuring any corrective actions are completed within agreed timescales
- Participate in the Health and Safety Forum
- Own your own development plan and seek to enhance and develop both role specific skills and wider supporting skills to increase your effectiveness within the organisation
- As required, to manage members direct line reports within the team
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (level six), or equivalent, or working towards
- Knowledge of health and safety management systems
- Graduate membership of IOSH
- Developing and delivering internal audits and inspections
- Developing and delivering training and communications
- Experience of both the care and unsupported housing sectors
- Has worked within multidisciplinary teams
- Delivering projects to an agreed timescale and budget
- Management of processes and systems (e.g. DSE assessment)
- Devising and undertaking audits and inspections
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations
- Drafting and writing communications
- Scoping, writing and implementing policies, procedures and processes
- Provision of professional advice, challenge and critical thinking
- Simplifying complex information to a format that can be easily communicated to others
- Knowledge of statutory building compliance
- CMIOSH (or working towards)
- Formal training in implementation of ISO45001 or similar
- Relevant training or qualifications including NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety, Asbestos P405, Legionella Management
We will be conducting telephone interviews on the 6th November 2020 and formal interviews on the 11th and 12th November 2020.
To view the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.