Recruiting for a Housing Administrator to join our Head Office in Westminster!
£23,500 per annum, 35 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Each year, Look Ahead receives/collects c£21m of rent and service charge from the c2,500 units of property that we own and manage. This amount represents roughly a third of Look Ahead's annual income and therefore it is essential for us to maximise our income collection.
The Housing Administrator will provide an effective and efficient administration service to the Landlord Services Team and will support the Housing Officers and the rest of the team to provide a customer focused service to both internal and external customers.
Acting as the first point of contact for the team, the Housing Administrator will need to be approachable and willing to support their colleagues to ensure smooth service delivery of the team. Excellent organisational skills are essential to the role as the post holder will be expected to maintain multiple systems and coordinate tasks between the team and Operations.
As part of the application process please upload your supporting statement within your CV. Please answer the following two questions in your supporting statement:
- What skills, knowledge and experience you would bring to this post
- What specifically interests you about this Housing Administrator post
- To provide an administrative service to the team
- Act as the first point of contact for the team; answering queries and providing information and advice promptly and in a helpful manner
- Monitoring and maintaining team mailboxes
- Distributing queries as appropriate to the relevant team member
- Order rent cards promptly
- Maintain housing management systems, ensuring customers are set up promptly and accurate details are maintained including customer's personal details
- Set up new tenant files and ensure records are filed regularly to avoid the build up of paperwork in the office
- Advise and assist with setting up appropriate payment methods for customers
- Preparing rent composition and adjustment forms as necessary
- To distribute post to team members, identifying legal documents to be scanned and sent to avoid delays
- Maintaining the logs and recording systems such as legal logs, void logs and patch lists
- Liaising with colleagues in the Implementation team to ensure patch lists are kept up to date as services are implemented / deimplemented
- To work with the Housing Manager to improve internal information sharing including updating team intranet pages
- Preparing and issuing occupancy agreements and keeping template documents stored appropriately
- Promote the sign up process with Operations and to highlight concerns to Housing Manager .
- To supply breakdown of rents and service charges to tenants and Housing Benefit Departments
- To assist with the annual rent increase/review processes, including ordering stationary, printing and preparing letters for posting
- To maintain spreadsheets of rents and service charges, liaising with Finance over queries
- To produce and send out rent statements on a quarterly basis and upon request
- To maintain and keep up-to-date residents' records and other administrative records
- Prepare reports as requested
- To process home loss and disturbance payments
- Check and prepare Housing Benefit over payments ready for the Finance team to process, querying with the relevant HB department where necessary
- Liaising with external departments such as Housing Benefit, Local authorities, Social Services when required and updating useful contacts
- To process and record council tax invoices and contact local authorities to confirm liability periods and refunds
- Arrange team meetings for agreed frequency and take accurate minutes for distribution
- To assist in drawing up and reviewing team procedures
- To develop and maintain understanding of policy and procedure relevant to the team and to supervise the use of safety procedures such as lone working
- To provide support to the Housing Officers in the raising and chasing of Social Services invoices
- To complete SHiP returns or any other performance monitoring forms for the landlords that we work with every quarter
- Provide office cover (and occasional reception cover) as requested
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the post and as assigned by the Manager
For more information or to apply please visit our website.