Recruiting an Income and Housing Officer to join our Head Office in Westminster!
£26,000 per annum, working 35 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
A dynamic, friendly and innovative care and support business known for its life-changing services is looking for a dedicated and target driven Housing Officer who can maximise the organisation's rental income collection, effectively manage rent arrears and deal with other breaches of the occupancy agreement.
Managing a patch of 300+ units across our hostels and high needs services you will ensure that challenging rent collection targets are met but also that everything is done to avoid eviction. You will be based in our hostels 2 to 3 days a week meeting with customers and support workers. Your personal qualities are as important in this role as your work experience.
Working alongside Operational Colleagues, the Housing Officers will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of generic Housing Management services across their patch with the main focus on Income Collection and a some ASB management. You will be expected to meet tight KPI's increasing rent collection and carry out rent arrears actions at all stages from the initial warning letters to the eviction stage.
In order to effectively deliver the services listed above to their patch, the Housing Officers will need to work closely with Contract Managers and Support Workers working within our projects to empower and enable them to carry out their responsibilities. Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills are a pre-requisite to the role. The post holder will be extremely flexible and have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time.
- Take responsibility for maximising rent collection across a defined patch of Look Ahead's portfolio of properties ensuring that rent collection targets are met and tenancies sustained
- Advise operational teams on their support related arrears management activities, including holding local surgeries with tenants and staff, taking direct control of higher level and more complex arrears cases
- Proactively monitor all current and former accounts within the defined patch and make recommendations to the Housing Manager for appropriate former accounts to be written off or referred to Look Ahead's debt collection agency
- Ensure that the rent collection function is carried out both sensitively and in a timely fashion so as to avoid the build up of excessive arrears and record all case details accurately
- Ensure that all sign ups within the defined patch are done accurately on the correct type of tenancy and at the correct rent and service charge levels
- Prepare files and documents for legal action and present cases in County Court hearings for possession claims, money judgements
- Serve NTQs, NOSPs, NRPs and carry out home visits as requested
- Accurately and comprehensively record all actions on the housing management system and use reports from the housing management system to manage cases and monitor performance
- Assist with the taking on of new agency housing management responsibilities related to new services and as needed with the transfer of housing management responsibilities schemes to other providers
- Ensure that confidentiality and data protection is maintained throughout the service including all information held in whatever form
- Respond to management issues such as disputes and complaints including breaches of tenancy and/or licence conditions
- Ensure that there are effective and on going liaison processes in place with key agencies such as the housing benefit service, Department of Work and Pensions, the Job Centre and local debt advice agencies
- Develop and promote financial inclusion initiatives in the service such as advertising credit unions and local debt management advice services
- Contribute to special projects such as tenancy audits and suspected sub-letting
- Assist in the training of new support staff in the tenancy aspects of support for customers
- Any other relevant tasks as required by the Housing Manager
For more information or to apply please visit our website.
Interviews are taking place week commencing 11th November 2019.