Recruiting Independent Domestic Violence Advisors in our Service in Kent!
GBP £26,000 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role will be based in West Kent!
Working within the Kent Integrated Domestic Abuse services, the IDVAs work in West Kent to address the safety of victims and survivors at high risk of harm. IDVAs work with their customers from the point of crisis by safety planning and risk assessing using the DASH to ascertain the level of risk to the victim.
A qualified IDVA (or willing to study to achieve the qualification), the post-holder must be enthusiastic and energetic, customer focused and committed to being an active part of a dynamic team. Attendance at Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences is compulsory.
Primarily working 9am to 5pm, the role will require flexibility as the post-holder will be expected to complete customer work within a working day, even if that takes them beyond normal working hours.
- Manage customer referrals, completing DASH Risk Assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system. Understanding of MARAC protocols
- Regular attendance at MARAC and completion of all MARAC referrals
- Support Customers to obtain criminal or civil remedies available to them, to increase their safety and hold perpetrators to account
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Attending all court and Case Management hearings with or as a representative for customers
- Supporting customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Safety and Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Assisting in the recording and reporting of customer incidents
- Safety planning with customers
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Encouraging customers to attend relevant programmes when appropriate i.e. Freedom Programme /Recovery Toolkit to support successful move on
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of management
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- IDVA Qualification essential
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.