Recruiting a IT Project Manager (12 month FTC) to join our Head Office in Westminster!
GBP 60,000 per annum, 40 hours per week, 12 month FTC plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To successfully deliver projects within Look Ahead's Move Forward programme portfolio to a high standard.
To manage business-critical IT projects, the role includes initiation, definition, planning and delivery of projects which have been defined as priorities by Look Ahead's Senior Management Team, Senior Leadership Team, Programme Board and Business Plans.
The post holder will support the IT Department's vision of developing, delivering and deploying information management and technology solutions which drive business transformation and efficiency for our staff and improved services for our customers.
The post holder will be expected to use the experience they have gained to manage the projects they are involved in. They will be highly organised, have demonstrated a history of delivering within an environment with discrete dependencies and deadlines and will have exhibited the drive to ensure project success.
The role will require flexibility, resilience and the ability to coordinate with a wide range of project team members to identify, circulate and agree on innovative solutions to address project risks and issues.
The role will initially manage a project for the implementation of Look Ahead's Digital Workplace using Microsoft 365 technologies and the configuration and implementation of key back-office solutions.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects within Look Ahead's Move Forward transformation programme,
- Leading the planning and implementation of several interdependent projects,
- Maintenance and reporting of project plans,
- Tracking of project deliverables,
- Mitigation of project risks,
- Management of emerging issues,
- Development and execution of testing plans,
- Maintaining and ensuring continuing engagement from diverse stakeholder groups,
- Reporting to established governance groups,
- Managing project communications,
- Planning and monitoring of project resources and ensuring good practice,
- Other duties as directed by Project Sponsors or the IT Director.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others
- Is confident
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Has a practical approach and is naturally well-organised
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in communication style
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field or can demonstrate relevant work experience that enables the management of people, process and technology in a medium-sized organisation
- Experience of full project life-cycles and management within multi-project programmes
- Experience of delivering successful results
- Demonstrable experience of project financing and budgeting
- Experience of risk management
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and get on with people at all levels within the organisation
- Customer outcome focussed
- Formal qualification in project management
- Experience working in a project role for a Not-for-Profit organisation or charity
- Successful delivery of projects within an IT programme
- Exposure to working within an outsourced IT support model
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.