Recruiting an IT Trainer to join our Information Technology Team in Westminster!
£37,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
This role is working 35 hours per week.
Look Ahead Care, Support and Housing is a specialist regulated housing association and provider of tailor-made care, support and accommodation services to people with a wide range of needs, including mental health, homelessness and complex needs, care leavers and young people. The organisation owns and manages a mixed portfolio of properties across London, South East and the Home Counties.
To deliver IT Training across Look Ahead and to be responsible for the creation of high-quality training material. Training delivery will be based on a blended approach including face to face, virtual and self-paced eLearning modules.
As a key member of the IT Business Systems team, you will take the lead in promoting a culture of learning to ensure that all Look Ahead staff are comfortable using the technologies associated with their job roles.
Look Ahead recognises that data and the applications that collect data have an important role in the future success of the business. As a result we are delivering a Digital Transformation programme and we need to have the right business systems management structure in place to offer continual support, development and improvements to our business systems and to provide insight into the organisation's data.
The post holder will support Look Ahead IT department's vision of developing, delivering and deploying information management and technology solutions which drive business transformation, efficiency and improved services for our customers.
- Deliver classroom and virtual training sessions to audiences of mixed ability across a range of subjects; including but not limited to IT beginners, Microsoft Office and core function specific Business Systems
- Develop classroom or small group coaching and / or training sessions relevant to audience requirements
- Develop eLearning content in partnership with Look Ahead IT colleagues
- Develop and maintain training feedback mechanisms to ensure continual improvement of the training function and associated materials and courses
- Coordinate student records with the HR Learning and Development team to ensure an accurate record of attendance and course pass or fail
- Support Business Systems team colleagues in the configuration of core Business Systems
- Provide a testing resource for developments in core Business Systems and identify new training requirements that emerge
- Offer tailored training, including floor walking support as appropriate, to staff following Business System upgrades and new system implementations
- Support key stakeholder managers by identifying staff digital competency issues and providing appropriately tailored training plans and update mechanisms to address these
- Support the appropriate and secure use and sharing of personal data through the delivery of Data Handling training
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Calm, methodical, organised and patient
- Comfortable taking charge and remaining in control in a classroom environment and training context
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism
- Committed to continual improvement and finding new ways to maximise learning opportunities and positive outcomes
- Strategic thinker and business partner who is able to participate, plan and adapt training delivery around key initiatives and projects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven relevant experience as an IT Trainer
- Experience of designing, developing and maintaining IT training packages
- Experience of delivering training to a diverse group of individuals with mixed IT literacy skills
- Understanding of the operating context within which Look Ahead works
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and information governance and security principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain specialist and complex issues to non-specialist staff at a variety of levels and to draft clear and concise written reports
- Ability to work on own initiative and exercise own judgement with discretion
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- The ability to foster good working relationships with a range of colleagues both internally and externally
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work from several different locations within London and the South East of England
- CIPD qualification(s)
- O365 training and roll out experience
- Change management experience in relation to larger scale transformation projects
- System testing and results review experience
- Housing or Property Management system experience
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.