Recruiting 2 x Landlord Coordinators to join our Services in North and West Kent!
GBP 23,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The Property Coordinator is responsible for promoting Look Ahead's move on pathway across the Kent support services. The post holder will be responsible for nurturing relationships with landlords and housing providers across the county of Kent in order to improve throughput figures for our internal services and secure additional units as part of the development of the transformation programme.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of housing and homelessness law. They will be someone who thrives on working under pressure, is a good team player and can demonstrate excellent networking and partnership skills. They will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), will be good at using their initiative and be creative in their approach to their work.
The post holder will ensure support staff are fully equipped to inform customers about the move on process.
This role will require the post holder to work during early evenings and/or weekends to facilitate attendance at landlord forums and other meetings therefore their working hours (40pw) can be managed flexibly in agreement with their manager.
- Develop links with private sector landlords, estate agents and other housing providers in order to source additional units and move on accommodation
- Promote Look Ahead as a trusted partner with the potential to continue working with landlords to support ex-customers to prevent potential homelessness
- Work closely with landlord and property services in central office to ensure smooth system navigation
- Work in partnership with the other community agencies, creating innovative schemes to support customers in the community after move on
- Develop and maintain an information resource to support operational staff in the resettlement of customers. This will include (but not limited to) Local Housing Allowance Rates, Partner Landlord and Estate Agency details and Rent Deposit Schemes. Act as the main point of contact for information and resources on the private rented sector
- Actively promote move on options, assisting operational staff to identify customers ready to access independent accommodation
- Develop our move on pathway within Kent and outside of the county. Sourcing appropriate accommodation for older clients, long stayers, mental health issues, utilising the reciprocal transfer network - for clients who need to transfer to specialist services across the country
- Record detailed feedback from visits and events
- Collate best practice recommendations, examples and case studies ensuring learning is disseminated
- To represent Look Ahead at forums, liaison meetings with external meetings and groups in order to further relationships and opportunities
- Develop and maintain excellent internal management relationships with all other Look Ahead departments and functions, ensuring sharing of best practice and supporting initiatives to improve organisational performance
- Ensure competent use of all relevant business IT systems and all company policies and frameworks
- Ensure that all other Look Ahead policies and procedures are adhered to
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead including working at an alternative patch, if such a need arises
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.