Recruiting for a Mental Health Recovery Worker to join our Mental Health service in Barnet!
£22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Look Ahead provisions 3 Recovery Houses, 24 hour/7 days a week support services, for those with mental health issues living in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey (BEH). The Recovery Houses are commissioned by The Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust. Elysian House offers various interventions and treatments within the acute care pathway, working with clinical teams in Barnet to maintain and improve quality of life. Elysian House is based on customers' needs and will only provide short-term accommodation of up to 14 days to those who do not require inpatient admissions. Look Ahead works closely with the Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team to target customer's needs and for successful discharges.
You will understand the concept of Recovery and apply those principles to develop an environment and service that enhances recovery, you will also:
- Put the service-user at the centre of their support and promote optimism and hope for their increased independence
- Provide intensive support (both practical and emotional) to people undergoing a period of mental health related crisis
- Act as a positive influence on service-users encouraging responsible behaviour and self reliance to people residing in the Service
- Support people in a way that maximises their self-sufficiency and enables them to live independently upon discharge from the service
- To ensure recovery focused support plans are created, reviewed, evaluated and amended in accordance with changing needs, presenting risks and individual preferences in order to promote recovery
- Undertake keyworking responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Service Manager
- To be flexible and responsive to the needs of service-users as directed by their personal support plan
- To provide recovery focused support to achieve personal goals/aspirations in partnership with service-users, family members and statutory agencies. To work with service-users on a one to one basis to achieve positive outcomes within the given service timeframe
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Develop and maintain links with key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Demonstrate a commitment to the empowerment of service-users and a strong interest in co-production and promoting people's rights
- Use person centred tools to support recovery and development of service-users
- Communicate effectively with people who are in mental distress, including any who may be acutely unwell
- Support service-users to undertake domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure service-users enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive service-user records to professional standards
- To engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- To advocate assertively to statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that service-users needs are met and link with organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for service-users in the community
- To maintain good relationships with all involved professionals and agencies
- To maintain good liaison with the service-users' immediate community and family
- Work collaboratively with the Resettlement Worker to plan for move-on and discharge from the point of the support commencing
- To attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, meetings with other professionals and in supervision and training as required
- To work with the staff team to achieve the aims and the objectives of the service
- To stay up to date with regard to development and research in the mental health field, housing support and in welfare benefits
- To treat all information - both verbal and written - in accordance with Look Ahead's policy on confidentiality
- To exercise responsibilities under the current Health & Safety legislation and Equal Opportunities Policy as laid down or amended by Look Ahead Housing Association
- To act at all times in accordance with the aims, philosophy and practice of the project.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives and duties of this post
For more information or to apply please visit our website.