Recruiting two Move On Coordinators to join our services in Kent!
GBP 23,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Look Ahead in a flexible, fast-moving role working across variations locations in Kent. We are seeking two people to join our growing staff team supporting our vital services for vulnerable customers living in our accommodation and within the community. As a Move On Co-Ordinator, you will be responsible for identifying additional properties to add to our portfolio and build and develop positive relationships with landlords (private, commercial and social) to increase move on opportunities for people who have lived in our accommodation and are ready for independent living. You will take customers to view their new accommodation, attend Landlord Forums, liaise with internal teams and create reports to present to senior management on financial viability of new properties. You must be motivated, creative, and flexible. The areas that you will working at are Dover, Folkestone & Hythe, Ashford, Maidstone, Tonbridge & Malling, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Dartford, Gravesham, Swale. Flexibility of travel across all is required.
The move on Coordinator is responsible for managing and promoting Look Ahead's move on pathway across the Kent Homeless Connect Service areas. The post holder will be responsible for sourcing accommodation in the private rented sector - liaising with landlords, sourcing new move on routes for customers and identifying potential properties for re-modelling of services. The post holder will directly support new customers to move into their new accommodation and ensure support staff are fully equipped to inform customers about the move on process. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of housing and homelessness law. They will be someone who thrives on working under pressure, is a good team player and can demonstrate excellent networking and partnership. They will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), will be good at using their initiative in researching complex housing cases and able to meet tight deadlines.This role may require the post holder to work during early evenings and/or weekends to facilitate property viewings with customers therefore working hours can be managed flexibly.
- Develop links with private sector landlords and estate agents in order to source private rented stock and promote Look Ahead as a partner organisation
- Work in partnership with the other community agencies, creating innovative schemes to support customers in the community after move on
- Develop and maintain an information resource to support operational staff in the resettlement of customers. This will include (but not limited to) Local Housing Allowance Rates, Partner Landlord and Estate Agency details and Rent Deposit Schemes. Act as the main point of contact for information and resources on the private rented sector
- Actively promote move on options, assisting operational staff to identify customers ready to access independent accommodation
- In conjunction with operational staff assess the readiness of customers to move on and set up viewings for customers to access available accommodation
- Provide a support service to new customers who move on including assisting them to access welfare benefits and loans/ grants available from the Department of Work and Pensions.
- Accompany customers to viewings
- Support clients and staff throughout any potential service decanting process
- Record detailed feedback from visits and events
- Collate best practice recommendations, examples and case studies ensuring learning is disseminated
- To represent Look Ahead at forums, liaison meetings with external meetings and groups in order to further relationships and opportunities
- Ensure competent use of all relevant business IT systems and all company policies and frameworks
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Has relevant sector work experience
- Sound knowledge of Housing, Housing Law and Welfare Benefits
- Demonstrable experience of supporting adults with complex needs.
- Access to own car and current driving licence
- Other relevant professional memberships and/or specialist qualifications
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 02 June 2020
Closed date: 15 June 2020
Job ref: REQ001905
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work