Recruiting for a Multidisciplinary Specialist Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Westminster!
£23,543 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Hopkinson House provides 24 hour accommodation based support for up to 63 individuals with complex histories, multiple traumas, complex personality disorder(s) and a varied, disrupted housing history with experience of homelessness as well as individuals who have been diagnosed with severe and enduring mental health conditions who are under the Care Programme Approach (CPA).
Specialist Support Workers within Look Ahead are required to have either an extra dimension of experience or a higher qualification level as determined relevant for the particular post.
As the Multi-Disciplinary Specialist you will lead on the management of hoarding, self-neglect, and skills related to independent living. You will also provide information, social inclusion and vocational opportunities to support people to recover and stay well; exercise choice and control in their care and lives; and participate on an equal footing in the community. Provision of care and support is also provided to develop a model of re-enablement towards self-advocacy, self-management and empowerment, incorporating the principles and practice of recovery, co-production and peer support. Post holders will deliver trauma informed and asset based support to a caseload of 7-8 service users with needs aligned to their specialism.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and external partners, creating a positive atmosphere
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support plan goals
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Provide structured support and guidance to other front line staff in their area of expertise
- To lead groups and activities - offering a range of appropriate therapeutic and recovery focused interactions and activities
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Embraces a Psychologically Informed approach
- Is capable of maintaining unconditional positive regard
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant area (e.g. psychology, Health and Social Care, Mental Health) or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience building and develop strong professional partnerships with external providers aligned to their specialism
- 2-3 years experience providing targeted recovery focussed support to individuals with needs around hoarding, mental health, substance use and dual diagnosis
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.