Recruiting a Night Support Worker to join our Learning Disabilities service in Tower Hamlets!
£16,770 per annum, 30 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The service accommodates three individuals on a ground floor, and suits people whom have mobility needs. Support is provided across 24 hours with various levels depending on the customers needs. There is a shared kitchen, lounge, garden, wet room and two toilets; however other shared communal facilities available within the block. The service has a person centred approach; this is always picked up by Auditors and Inspectors, it's mentioned within audits reports. The people whom live there choose and are supported to live the life that they want taking part in various activities within their community such as attending day centres, visiting their friends, attending church, participating in events and much more.
The service is supported by an amazing, compassionate and experienced team who have many years supporting people with Learning Disabilities and other Disabilities. The Manager has excellent experience in supporting people of various ages with Learning Disabilities and Autism, the Manager is also a Winner of the Great Britain Care Awards 2019.
As a Night Support Worker you will be expected to undertake duties and work as part of the staff team to support customers with night support by using person centred approach and lone work. Work within a team to communicate, meet the service and Look Ahead objectives and responsibilities whilst working flexibly to respond to the needs of the customers.
This role will require an experienced, skilled, compassionate and confident person that's able to work using own initiative and adhere to Look Ahead policies and the service protocols.
- The ability and confidence to lone work and follow policies, procedures and protocols to ensure a quality service delivery and keeping everyone safe during the night. For example calling On Call, sharing facts only and keeping good levels of recording
- Work proactively with the team to handle the service caseload and support an effective team approach to meeting each customer's identified needs
- Contribute to a positive service environment, ensuring the service is supportive and a place of safety and stability for customers. This includes working flexibly and being proactively in delivering, reviewing and arranging effective support for emerging needs and risks in order to prevent escalating concerns
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times, to ensure the safety of the customers, colleagues, visitors, contractors and premises including responding to maintenance, fire and health and safety issues
- The ability to follow guidelines and use initiatives to manage, control and eradicate infections. For example following a thorough cleaning rota and completing all relevant checks such as living standards checks.
- Deliver all aspects of support to enable customers to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. This may include practical tasks, delivering personal care, including but not limited to support with personal hygiene, meal preparation, medication management and personal finances support as required.
- Champion a positive local culture within the service
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks, including practical assistance to ensure a high quality living environment that promotes customers' dignity, respect and allows customers to feel safe and welcome in their own home
- Participate in support planning, risk management and assessment of needs in line with support planning whilst supporting the team with case work management
- Work with customers to promote social inclusion to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices
- Involve customers in the design, development and delivery of the service through co-production
- Use appropriate communication including accessible information standards to ensure customers understands and can make informed choices
- Report and support any observations relating to customers welfare
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Maintain a good standard of records and reporting as required at the project under the direction of the Managers
- Engaging in learning and development activities to increase knowledge and skills and share learning with customers and colleague
- Attend and participate in team meetings, customers meetings and participate in daily handovers
For more information or to apply please visit our website.