Recruiting for a Night Support Worker to join our Young People Service in Ealing!
GBP £22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Minster House is a small and specialist semi-independent living (SIL) service for young people leaving care aged 16-21 providing a high level of support to young people with a variety of complex needs. The service supports six young people who can be referred from any local authority. The service is staffed 24/7 by a team of Support Workers, Night Support Workers and a specialist worker, who works across our sister Service Horn Lane.
Night Support Workers enable people with particular needs to manage their tenancies and live independent lives of their choosing in the community. Night Support Workers are responsible for ensuring continuity of a support service at night and for keeping customers and the building safe.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Conducting key work sessions as required, that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living e.g. budgeting, cooking, establishing a night time routine
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment and where appropriate assisting them to clean their accommodation and maintain good personal hygiene
- Completing the relevant recording and reporting of customer incidents and missing persons episodes
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- Taking on shift leading responsibilities by coordinating and leading shifts in the absence of a manager
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Confident in lone working and working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organized
- Able to apply the right balance of care and support dependant on the needs of the customer
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- Ability to adhere to Look Ahead's professional boundaries policy
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent with some previous relevant sector work experience
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.