Recruiting Personal Support Assistants to work across our Domiciliary Care Services based in Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea!
£10.55 per hour, zero hour contract plus pension scheme, training provided and flexible hours
Domiciliary care is the delivery of personal care, support and domestic assistance within the individual's home. Helping to promote independence, dignity and positively supporting the individual to maintain their quality of life and wellbeing and enhance the lives of the individuals that we care for.
As a PSA working in domiciliary care you will be providing high standards of person-centred care to our customers. You may be required to support our customers with:
Supporting with all aspects of personal care
Supporting with domestic/household tasks
Assisting with medication
Supporting with social inclusion
Supporting with meals/meal preparation
To provide a range of personal services and personal care services to meet the needs of our customers within Look Ahead services and in customers' homes across London and the South East. Services may include Care Assistant/Support Worker duties (no support planning) and non-specialised Individual Budget work. In all activities PSAs are required to encourage customers to contribute to these to activities and help them to develop their own skills and confidence and maintain their independence. While carrying out activities, PSAs should deal with all customers, visitors and staff in a professional and appropriate manner and report to Look Ahead staff and management any observations relating to customers' welfare.
PSAs may be working with customers from all of Look Ahead Client Groups including Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Homelessness and Young People. Where appropriate PSAs will be required to complete regulated activity which includes personal care and medication when working in CQC registered services.
PSAs providing Assistant/Support Worker services will:
- Support customers to undertake tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Support customers to attend GP and health appointments and religious services as directed
- Support customers to integrate into the community, for example accompanying the customer to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities etc
- Support customers to go shopping for food, clothes etc
- Maintain records as required under the direction of Look Ahead staff and management
PSAs providing domiciliary & personal care will:
- Deliver all aspects of personal and physical care as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. E.g. help with dressing, grooming & make-up, bathing, support going to the toilet etc
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks in the home wherever possible, including practical assistance in developing skills to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation. E.g. cleaning, vacuuming, washing, ironing, simple home decorating, sewing, light gardening
- Support customers with medication administration
- Assistance with meals, meal preparation, eating and drinking
- Support to attend medical appointment, shopping and social activities
- Report any observations to Look Ahead staff and management relating to customers' welfare
Additional non-specialised Individual Budget can include:
- Providing customers with companionship. E.g. accompanying customers to visit relatives, attend special interest clubs, go out walking, to the park, dinner or the pub, play board games and cards
- Planning day trips and outings e.g. to the seaside, art galleries/museums, and encourage more independent living
- Assist customers in budgeting and money management, paying bills etc
- Encourage customers to take interest in and undertake basic sports, creative and arts activities in or outside the home. E.g swimming, jogging, attend gym, health clubs, go dancing, play music, make (draw/paint) pictures, take simple photographs, attend theatre/amateur dramatics etc
The above sets out the key responsibilities and typical tasks. You may be required to undertake various other tasks and duties to ensure that our customers' needs are fully and effectively met. The list is not exhaustive.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.