Recruiting a Recovery Programme Coordinator to join our Mental Health Service in Haringey!
GBP 17,555 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 32 hours per week. Look Ahead Provide 3 Recovery Houses, 24 hour/7 days a week, for those with mental health issues living in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey (BEH). The service offers various interventions and treatments within the acute care pathway, working with clinical teams in BEH to maintain and improve quality of life. The service is based on customers' needs and will only provide short-term accommodation of up to 14 days to those who do not require inpatient admissions. The successful applicant will be based at Fortis Green (Haringey Recovery House).
The post holder will co-ordinate the delivery of a robust and co-produced recovery programme within the service, working across multiple sites as required. The Recovery Programme Coordinator will develop and run a comprehensive, recovery focussed therapeutic day programme and will be responsible for developing partnerships that align with these activities, will lead on making service users aware of opportunities available, working with service-users to develop a programme of activities that reflects their needs/wants.
- Develop a structured recovery focused programme for customers to access internally, making use of specialist skills within the staff team as well as with local agencies
- Coordinating the programme to ensure equal access for all customers accessing the service at a given time
- Working closely with customers, their families and carers as well as the CMHT and commissioners to ensure that the programme outcomes are relevant and promote independence and recovery
- Co-ordinate events to promote the programme
- Develop and maintain links with local agencies to ensure that the programme utilises resources available in the community
- Support customers to engage in local activities and programmes by creating links and facilitating social inclusion
- Establish and develop relationships with local primary and secondary care health teams, other statutory services and voluntary sector agencies
- Network and promote the service locally, generating interest and sourcing potential contributors to the learning sessions programme
- Attend relevant local forums, alongside the Manager and Team Leader
- Work closely with Look Ahead's Co-Production Team and Experts By Experience Team to ensure that the programme is co-produced and integrated within the wider Look Ahead
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Enjoys motivating others
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Demonstrates significant confidence and high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about his/her career and job experiences
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Willing and able to work flexibly, including occasional weekends and evenings
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- An understanding of the principles of recovery and experience of using a range of self-management and/or recovery tools and techniques.
- A practical understanding of co-production and of the value and challenges of lived experience in the workplace.
- Track record of meeting targets in challenging circumstances.
- Project management/event management experience
- Experience of recruiting volunteers or staff
- Experience of managing or working with peer supporters or similar
- Experience of delivering workshops or training
- Excellent writing and numeracy skills