How to apply
Recruiting a Registered Area Manager (6 Months FTC) to join our Mental Health service in Hackney!
£42,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Registered Area Manager with direct responsibility for the effective management of CQC regulated residential care home in Hackney, with oversight of another registered care home and supported living service. This is a unique role which will require building relationships with CQC, ensuring services are compliant with CQC regulations and working alongside the two Contract Managers to drive up quality consistently across the contract. The role will involve:
- Ensuring safe effective delivery of care across two registered care homes and one supported living service, including care planning and supervision of two Contract Managers, one Team Leader and Support Workers.
- Evaluating quality, imbedding good practice and maintaining excellent working partnerships with major stakeholders/commissioners and CQC regulators.
You will act as the lead Manager for mental health services in Hackney. Identifying areas for improvement, planning improvements and leading on ensuring these are sustainably, delivered with the team(s). You will hold responsibility for ensuring services are run effectively, are well managed financially and are performing at high levels.
Service specific responsibilities:
- Oversight of CQC registration, ensuring that both services can demonstrate they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led in line with CQC monitoring and inspection principles
- Proactively pursue development of the service to ensure financial sustainability
- Work closely with Contract Managers and Head of Operations to understand local priorities and quality of care provided by support workers, jointly addressing issues
- Supervise two Contract Managers, one Team Leader and support workers based at Clarence Road, ensuring they are motivated and supported in their role and access mandatory training and practical coaching as required
- Effective reporting of incidents and safeguarding, including to CQC where necessary
- Implementing service-specific CQC aligned policies and procedures
- Using sound financial and accounting principles, understand and manage the funding arrangements for the contract ensuring viability and seeking to ensure sustainability
- Continuously monitor the performance of the contract using Look Ahead's reporting tools
- Plan, organise and prioritise operations within your contract to ensure maximum efficiencies/utilisation of all resources
- Develop key business relationships with all relevant customers/carers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Lead quality visits, using Look Ahead's local indicators to monitor quality/performance, set targets and lead action plans to ensure highly rated services that reflect requirements of local funders and local and national standards
- Responsible for producing and submitting regular Management Reports to the Head of Operations and Performance Team, ensuring that all data gathered on local KPI's is accurate and up to date
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives across contract portfolio ensuring Look Ahead continues to set and achieves sector best practice standards and is held as a benchmark to competitors
- Develop and maintain excellent internal management relationships with all other Look Ahead departments & functions, ensuring sharing of best practice and supporting initiatives to improve organisational performance
- Within your service, ensure competent use of all relevant business IT systems and all company policies and frameworks
- Responsible for managing petty cash for the service in accordance with Look Ahead procedures
- Participate in on call for the organisation
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to throughout the service, to review at local level and ensure staff are competent and suitably trained
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Operations Managers and Local Authority
- Ensure that all other Look Ahead policies and procedures are adhered to
- Carry out other management duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead, including the management of other contracts within the designated patch, or an alternative patch, if such a need arises
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Holds relevant CMI/NVQ Level 4 or other Business/Management Qualification. Willing to work towards a level 5 qualification to secure Registered Manager status
- Relevant experience of working with individuals with complex needs
- Other relevant professional memberships and/or specialist qualifications
- Experience working in CQC registered settings
For more information or to apply visit our website.