Recruiting a Service Manager to join our Learning Disabilities service in Newham!
GBP 32,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
This role is a 40 hour per week.
Nimrod House is a 24 hour support service, with 5 self-contained flats, for individuals with learning disabilities. The flats are tailored to customers' complex needs, containing bespoke features and technology that minimise risk. The service works with families and clinicians as part of the NHS Transforming Care Agenda which integrates individuals back into the community, designs person centred support, promotes independence, skills and relationships to produce better quality of life. Service Managers are responsible for the effective management of all services within their designated patch, including line managing the relevant front line staff. Leadership and competence development in direct reports is a key responsibility of the role. Post-holders may also carry client group specialism responsibilities, linking in with other Managers and Head of Operations to ensure focused integration of specialisms across the whole organisation.
- Drive business planning activities within your contract, ensuring relevant and challenging objective setting and ongoing performance tracking, developing turn around action plans as may be necessary
- Using sound financial and accounting principles, manage contract budgets to deliver on corporate and local contract financial targets
- Successfully lead and motivate your team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within your service
- Work to continuously improve staff competence, ensure ownership of all staff issues and speedy and effective conflict resolution
- Responsible for reporting all staff changes to HR and Payroll departments, as appropriate e.g. starters, leavers, additional hours etc.
- Responsible for maintaining quarterly staff succession plans
- Deliver effective, professional and commercially focused briefings and supervision meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting & communications flow up/down is effective
- Responsible for managing and allocating customers to support staff (casework management)
- Develop key business relationships with all relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Plan, organise and prioritise operations within your contract to ensure maximum efficiencies/utilisation of all resources
- Working with your team lead creative and ambitious customer involvement plans across the patch and ensure successful implementation
- Where appropriate to role, carry client group specialism activities, linking in with other Managers and Heads of Operations to ensure focussed integration of specialisms across the whole organisation
- Lead quality visits, using Look Ahead's local indicators to monitor quality/performance, set targets and lead action plans to ensure highly rated services that reflect requirements of local funders and local and national standards
- Responsible for producing and submitting Monthly Management Reports to the Performance team, ensuring that all data gathered on local KPI's are accurate and up to date
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives across contract portfolio ensuring Look Ahead continues to set and achieves sector best practice standards and is held as a benchmark to competitors
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to throughout the service, to review at local level and ensure staff are competent and suitably trained
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Head of Operations Managers
- Carry out other management duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead, including the management of other contracts within the designated patch, or an alternative patch, if such a need arises
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff to deliver excellent services
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
-Excellent organisation skills
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of managing contracts and resources and delivering to budget and performance targets
- Experience of delivering to housing management performance targets
- Experience of effectively managing and developing staff to ensure delivery of services performance targets within contract
- Experience of successfully managing external partnerships to ensure successful delivery of services
- Other relevant professional memberships and/or specialist qualifications