Recruiting a Specialist Behavioural Support Worker to join our Learning Disabilities service in Tower Hamlets!
£22,500 per annum, 40 hours per week, 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Specialist Behaviour Support Workers are responsible for the customer's emotional, psychological well being as well as providing support to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs. At Lester Court, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
This post is restricted to female applicants pursuant to Section 9s of the Equality Act 2010.
- Observing and monitoring the customer's behaviours, the duration, the intensity, and the damage, as well as factors that may alleviate or trigger the behaviour
- Planning appropriate intervention to modify and resolve the behaviour
- You require superb interpersonal and relationship skills and must have the capacity to handle psychologically behavioural changes
- You understand and collaborate with the different support organisations accessible in the community
- You exhibit a concrete basis in behavioural analysis
- You will have ability and skill to present and feedback to other professionals
- Reports possible cases of abuse, neglect or endangerment appropriately
- Actively participates in reviewing and designing behavioural interventions plans
- Implements behaviour support plans
- Measures goals and objectives of behaviour support plans to ensure they are being met
- Communicates with parents and care managers in regard to customer's progress in the absence of management
- Analyses the behavioural interventions to determine their success
- Assists customers in identifying inappropriate behaviours and develop better behaviour alternatives
- Assists newly recruited staff in facilitating behavioural interventions
- Deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to their individual needs. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with customers with Autism/Behaviour that challenges
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.