Recruiting a Specialist Support Worker (Substance Misuse) to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs service in Tower Hamlets!
GBP 22,500 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Schemes, Staff Discounts, Healthcare, On - Going Training Package, Internal Development and more.
The Specialist Support Worker (Substance Misuse) leads the support that enables customers to recover from substance misuse. From start to finish they facilitate person centred planning and access to services that helps customers with their recovery. They work in partnership with the Alcohol and Substance Misuse Worker and external substance misuse agencies - RESET Outreach, RESET treatment and RESET recovery services.The role also includes supporting the key workers to improving their knowledge and practice around substance misuse.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload of customers with substance misuse support needs assigned by the Team Leaders / Manager.
- Carry out initial assessments of potential customers and make decisions over access to the service and undertake continuous assessment of needs and potential risks & agree levels of support and actions.
- Create support /action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable the customer to recover from substance misuse.
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to access treatment programmes, support services and maintain sobriety as well as undertake support work in partnership with various teams across Tower Hamlets including RESET Outreach, RESET Treatment Services, RESET Recovery Services, DIP, SORT and Adult Services to compliment their interventions.
- Share specialist knowledge with colleagues at Daniel Gilbert House to improve the teams understanding of substance misuse and recovery.
- Facilitate multi-agency case conferences for customers to discuss theirrecovery, barriers to recovery, treatment, risk management and future goals.
- Motivate customers to contemplate treatment, continue treatment programmes or maintain recovery and provide intensive support (both practical and emotional)to people undergoing a substance misuse relapse.
- Demonstrate excellent commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- To engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills and stay up to date with regard to development and research in misuse field, in housing support and in welfare benefits.
- Support people in a way that maximises their self-sufficiency and enables them to move on via their identified move on pathway.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.